(Semi-Closed RP) Breath of Life - Chapter 2: Fighting for the Life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luparis

02-22-2013

Several hours pass since the survivors of Reyain's party escape the ruins of Raven's Nest, and Demacia. Fleeing the tunnel constructed, and utilized just for this purpose, the group comes out in the dead of night to a small jungle in the dead of night. With the sudden attack, none of them are able to provide provisions and are now baffled as to their next move.

Apart from the lack of supplies, Reyain has also never had the opportunity to meet with the employer in reference to the Breath. All he knows is that it can be found south of the Great Barrier, in fairly unfriendly territory.

However, with the Dark Coalition informed about the Breath now, it is a race against the clock to reach it before them. Or worse, be caught by Richard Odimal and his allies.

Reyain is certain of one thing in the aftermath ofall that has happened. And that is whatever the Coalition wants the Breath for, it can't be allowed to happen. Securing the worlds best chance for hope, in a world created by Noxus and the League, only Demacia can be allowed to achieve this victory. They must be the face of salvation, rather than Noxus be the face of tyranny.

"Alright..." Reyain said winded as he exited the large stone tunnel. He leaned himself against a tree, struggling slightly. He takes his flask from his coat and takes a deep drink, then leaning both hands on his knees to catch his breath. "We set up camp here until I can figure out our next move. I need to find the lead for the Breath. And I have no information on the road ahead now that Noxus has made the first move."

Only a small group of warriors have managed to join Reyain and the others. Only one of them being a member of the Flock, and thus, being the leading officer. He and others split up into parties to scout for fod, watch for enemies in the area, and establish a perimeter.

"We won't be able to stay here long, so no fire. If their are enemies, they'll see the smoke." He ordered all of them. He then looked around his surroundings, frowning. They ahd good cover and he was fairly certain he could hear running water nearby. But it was miles from civilization, in the dead of night, in the wilderness. They had to be extra careful now for soldiers and Beasts.

Link to Chapter One: Broken World - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3063983

Link to Chapter 2: Fighting for the Life Sign Up - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3152708

In game chat room: Breath of Life

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Frold sat on a nearby log, leaving the foraging to other members of the party. He sharpened his axe to pass the time, Isen never lost it's edge, but Frold had to do something. He looked around at the rest of the party and muttered, "I need to find something to kill," he stood and walked away from the group, changing his mind about foraging. He walked about for a few minutes before finding a large bovine creature he didn't know the name of. He stepped on a twig and the fat animal looked at him lazily. It continued to chew at the grass at its feet. He walked up to it and it still didn't move. He shrugged and decapitated it with one swing. He pulled the massive carcass over his shoulders and began to trek back towards camp. He reached the camp without too much difficulty and dropped the animal, and it's head on the ground. "Can someone cook this without fire?" he asked, realizing that he probably killed this animal for no reason as they couldn't afford to make a fire.

Youay

02-22-2013

Tao leaned heavily on the battered makeshift staff.It was a narrow escape for all of them, but the old master helped as many escape as he could.He was exhausted and weary as he looked around, his eyes squinting through the darkness. When the party started to split off to perform some duties, the old master set aside his aches and pain and the weariness and went with the group to search for food. from there he would instruct those with him what they could use of food and what to avoid.He assisted them in gathering berries, nuts and tubers as well as finding a patch of medicinal herbs, which he harvested and set in his pouch for future use.

FilFire

02-23-2013

David looks back at the stone tunnel as they exit it, then looks around. He doesn't recognize where they are directly, but he has been in enough jungles and forests that he has a good idea what to do now. He first checks his equipment, both what he exactly has and in what state everything is. He frowns as he sees the amount of arrows he still has left. He'll have to see whether on the way to wherever their next goal is he can find a trading post to restock. Until then he'll have to be careful with his arrows. After he has finished managing his inventory he sets out amidst the trees, making care to pick another direction than the ones where the other soldiers and the barbarian went. Once he's far enough away from the group he climbs into a tree with low hanging branches, going upwards until he reaches the foliage. Taking his bow in his hand and a arrow in the other he kneels on one of the thicker branches, using his vantage point to both look for potential enemies nearby and to make a mental map of the area. The command for no fires means that he can't take the opportunity to also gather some food with his bow and arrow, so he'll just work as a lookout while letting the others search for food.

TheOneTrueWaifu

02-23-2013

Amethyst traveled through the jungle, making as little noise as possible. She had already gotten a long way from her home but she had no idea how much longer it would take to get to Demacia from here. In all honesty she had no idea where here was. Still, with all of the chaos happening around Valoran right now she was relatively glad to be well hidden amongst the trees. Each step she took was cautious, each breathe was quiet. She looked up, unable to see the night sky through the foliage. Regardless she decided to stop for the night, her legs were tired and she was running dangerously low on food. She sat against a large tree and let out a deep, tired breathe. She began dozing off slowly.

She awoke to the sound of footsteps, not making a single move for a moment and simply listening, they didn't sound like any animal she knew... She slowly poked her head out from behind the tree, only an inch to take a look. They were humans...and didn't appear to be tracking her... They looked more like they were savaging for food. One man in particular intrigued her, he seemed many years past his prime to her and she wondered how he was even alive out here. Her curiosity got the better of her, a misstep of her foot caused her to fall over onto several fallen branches, most of them cracking under her body. She froze, completely still and luckily behind a bush. She only hoped that the people hadn't heard, though if they were looking for food they would likely go toward the sound hoping to find and animal of some kind. With that in mind she slowly began moving backward, trying to make as little noise as she could.

Youay

02-23-2013

Tao was bent over picking the herbs when he heard the noise in the trees.He looked up and straightened up, tucking the herbs he did pick into his pouch. He looked around to see if there were others with him. Seeing he that no one was near he walked towards the noise,leaving his staff at the ready, just in case. The old master approached the bush where the noise came from and looked over it and looked in her direction.He stroked his beard in thought.

"Hello?I know someone is there, I can feel your presence. If you mean no harm then you needn't be afraid of me."

TheOneTrueWaifu

02-23-2013

Amethyst froze as she slowly rose her head up to look at Tao, the majority of her face was hidden under the shadow of her hood. "How do I know you're speaking the truth?" She slowly reached around, pulling an arrow out and loading it into her crossbow. "You can't trust anyone these days." She stood up slowly, pointing her crossbow at Tao shakily. "J-just walk away." She was taking a few slow steps back "I don't want any trouble, I'm just on my way to Demacia."

TheShadowOfChaos

02-23-2013

Takeo had decided to go with Master Tao due to the fact that he was still shaken up from the retreat, and hoping that the elderly man was a quiet one so he may meditate in some peace. Now he did this for some time while Tao picked herbs nearby. Then he spoke to someone in the bush close to him which intrigued Takeo very much indeed. With something keeping his mind busy for now, he got up and walked towards Master Tao to see who or what it was. Then seeing a woman pop out the bush with a crossbow caused him to jump and duck low to the ground in a futile attempt to stay out of view.

Youay

02-23-2013

Tao looked over at Takeo and then back at the young woman. He showed no fear of her crossbow and looked to where her eyes would of been under her hood.

"That is very good logic miss,these are dark times indeed. But that doesn't mean all of us are brigands and liars. But I regret to inform you miss, that Demacia is no place to be right now. Noxus and the Beast have assaulted the capital and we ourselves are refugees from the there."

He leaned on his battered staff a bit, if she were to take a closer look she could see the old mans clothes were torn and ragged from the recent battle and exodus from Demacia.

"It might be best for you to return home, but not now, it is dark and it may be best for you to stay with us. I can introduce you Captain Reyain and the others after we finish here.

He turned his back to her and then as a after thought looked over at her from behind his shoulder.

"And it would be best to put that away. With how much you are shaking you are more likely to harm yourself and any of us."

TheOneTrueWaifu

02-23-2013

"Reyain?" Amethyst stood straight, taking the arrow out of her crossbow. "Just the person I was looking for actually." She frowned "I have no home to return to anyway, but I'll come with you." She sighs, shaking her head and retreating behind the tree, collecting a few things in a back that she throws over her shoulder. She stepped out slowly from the bush, shooting a glance at Takeo, somehow she hadn't noticed him before... She pulled her hood down further out of habit, the shadow now hiding her face completely.

So Demacia had fallen, there goes the small amount of hope she had... But still, at least the man she was looking for supposedly survived, either way she didn't trust these people yet. Amethyst stood a comfortable distance behind Tao and would follow him, keeping her guard up at all times.