Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

has riot responded to a single duo queue complaint thread ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragefest

10-29-2010

Lately I have gotten teamed up with tons of duo queuers that have been terrible. If you make a slight suggestion they both freak out on you and flame you till the game ends. You will have a positive KDA with the most assists while they are 2-7-1 or no kills at all but will blame you because they have the backing of their partner who is just as bad.

Here is an example of a suggestion I would make, also keep in mind I jungle Udyr mainly in ranked,

Me - "Hey, gonna gank bot lane in a bit, so please stop pushing the lane."
Me - 1-2 mins later "You are keeping your lane too pushed, so I cannot gank, sorry."
3 minutes later
Them - "UDYR YOU SUCK, YOU HAVEN'T GANKED AT ALL! LOL YOU ****ING SUCK SOOOOO BADDDD, BADDDIES!"
*top lane stays silent but yet I helped them gank their lane a few times by then*
I run to bot to help them when they over extend, get ganked, and the tower needs to be defended against.
"Yeah now you help us Udyr, you are sooooo bad! LOLOLOLOL!!!!"
By now they have given up and blame me for everything. They don't leave base due to not caring or they are too busy typing to the other team about how bad the Udyr is. Most people stay silent and never chime in.

This is happening over and over and over.

Wingnut13

Recruiter

10-29-2010

Quote:
TheycallmeX:
Im honestly curious, you'd think such a legitimate concern would get more attention given all the complaints on the forums.

How else is their golden boy going to get carried to #1 status in 90 days?

TheycallmeX

10-29-2010

to be a little bit more specific with my duo queue complaint, i was referring to a pair of duo queues getting matched way wayyyy above their ELO bracket, for example its pretty common to see 1500ish duo queues have draft control where everyone else in the game is 1800+. This is an inherent flaw in the design of duo queue and I dont see how this is arguable.

These Pretzels

10-29-2010

You guys only started complaining about it after Elementz started complaining about it.

There's really nothing to complain about here. It raises your elo matchmaking cone by 10-20. Don't blame getting stuck going against someone 100 elo over you on the duo queue. That's just the matchmaking trying to expedite the process of getting you complainers into a game.

tl;dr Deal with it nerds.

TheycallmeX

10-29-2010

Quote:
These Pretzels:
You guys only started complaining about it after Elementz started complaining about it.

There's really nothing to complain about here. It raises your elo matchmaking cone by 10-20. Don't blame getting stuck going against someone 100 elo over you on the duo queue. That's just the matchmaking trying to expedite the process of getting you complainers into a game.

tl;dr Deal with it nerds.

its not about people being higher than us, its about people SIGNIFICANTLY lower getting boosted into these games from duo queue... way to post in a topic that you have no experience, input, or insight on though

Crayon Puppet

10-29-2010

Quote:
TheycallmeX:
Im honestly curious, you'd think such a legitimate concern would get more attention given all the complaints on the forums.

No significant advantage/disadvantage has been the argument from reds, due to the roughly equal volume of QQ in the vein of "OMG SCRUB DUO MEK ME LOSE GAM" and QQ in the vein of "OMG ENEMY DUO QUE FEED ON MY SCRUB ALLIES AND MEK ME LOSE GAM" and the end of the day I think riot just considers mindless scapegoating my ppl who lost a game, I assume they are probably right. I'ld say 90% of duo ques are just people who won a game together and said hai lets play again, they're bascially just randoms and go into the game with no real strategy for taking the advantage in a game through cooperation

TheycallmeX

10-29-2010

Quote:
2992011:
No significant advantage/disadvantage has been the argument from reds, due to the roughly equal volume of QQ in the vein of "OMG SCRUB DUO MEK ME LOSE GAM" and QQ in the vein of "OMG ENEMY DUO QUE FEED ON MY SCRUB ALLIES AND MEK ME LOSE GAM" and the end of the day I think riot just considers mindless scapegoating my ppl who lost a game.

well then the reds have obviously never played high rated ranked

Saffire

10-29-2010

Quote:
TheycallmeX:
to be a little bit more specific with my duo queue complaint, i was referring to a pair of duo queues getting matched way wayyyy above their ELO bracket, for example its pretty common to see 1500ish duo queues have draft control where everyone else in the game is 1800+. This is an inherent flaw in the design of duo queue and I dont see how this is arguable.
That's more or less unique to the 1800 bracket though. There simply aren't enough high level players to consistently give them a fair match. So, it becomes a question of whether they try to find the next best thing or keep them in queue for hours until someone better logs on. The two 1500s don't really have to be duos, they usually just happen to be there. There aren't any good solutions to the problem.

For further discussion on duos in high rated queues (with red posts!) see here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=302326

CondaMagoo

10-29-2010

Quote:
1337SuperNewb:
They're a collective of individuals, just like the LoL community

No, they are professional game developers, and should be held to the standards that other professional game developers are held to.

Too many people in this community treat Riot like a homebrew squad. We have lower expectations from Riot than we do other developers, which in turn stunts growth and development.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

10-29-2010

Zileas basically said he doesn't mind duo queue ruining solo queue games.