How do YOU improve your attitude

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

^ Problem with this is there is nothing wrong with being passionate about what you enjoy. That's why it's frustrating when things don't go your way.~

"I can read a book or watch a movie. Maybe the ending will tick me off but hey, it's just a movie/book." I think it's good that it evokes an emotion. :P

acrmuldin

02-24-2013

play roller coaster tycoon!!!

but i think its an interesting dichotomy...everyone says you know just try and have fun dont worry about winning or losing its just a game for having fun...but if anyone else is like me...winning is just more fun than losing

HAVE A PILLORY

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrmuldin View Post
play roller coaster tycoon!!!

but i think its an interesting dichotomy...everyone says you know just try and have fun dont worry about winning or losing its just a game for having fun...but if anyone else is like me...winning is just more fun than losing
I totally agree that winning is usually more enjoyable than losing, but there are some pretty glorious ways to burn up if you do have to lose. You could suicide into them at Baron to steal the last buff of the game for an example. Another one is if you have cool randoms or a decent multi-queue doing pure gimmick comps like all adcs or everybody taking smite and a mobility summoner to try and secure objectives. Without coordination and skilled players, these strategies usually fail, but often even when you lose they'll be the most enjoyable games you play all day.

acrmuldin

02-24-2013

too often when i try to do fun little gimicky builds or champ selects...even in unranked with 2 or 3 friends...get reported :/

KnightSepheranEh

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrmuldin View Post
too often when i try to do fun little gimicky builds or champ selects...even in unranked with 2 or 3 friends...get reported :/

I get the same things but just try and make peace is what you need to do take it from me, currently on 2 week ban. Just ignore it and move on remember that its just a game , if you get reported for unskilled it wont go to the trinunal!!!! it just sets you to where you never get matched with them again unless you freind them and go duo-queue but if their unskilled , no point eh? Im gonna try that cold water meditate thing maybe after that watch a funny video or commentary on that champ then calm down play again , if you get another bad game just sleep , sleep is good , sleep is VERY VERY good , another option is to take a hot bath , warm tea or milk , if your still looking for LoL then play but try to be your best at it!!! ( just dont get all flame pro player mode and flame the people having a bad game! ) just remember to have fun! Get some freinds , hop on skype , stream , just enjoy this wonderful game!!

Enjoy LoL , Have a great day!
-Soren

Lutillian

03-16-2013

I'm fairly sure that report unskilled doesn't actually do anything, though it was funny the one match i had someone do that, then they were on the other team the next game and fed me. Hard.

Contrail1

03-16-2013

Some people just get mad.

I never get mad no matter how bad my team is.

A friend I know swears and goes crazy if a team member doesnt do something right. Then they stop trying and risk throwing the game.

The friend is a better play but I'm 2 divisions higher...'

The trick is not to care about the internet and just do the best you can in a situation. Some times your team throws, sometimes their team throws. When your newb gets caught out and it turns the game, just remember that time you catch a newb out and the other team throws.

LoL is a game of percentages. You just minimise your screws and in the end you progress. Plus play your best champs, not a huge variation.

Damit7

03-17-2013

I know it's hard but after a bit of a loss streak and/or getting irritated just take a break.
Sometimes I take a whole week off.

I normally play 6-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week.
Taking a week off can be hard and can take discipline but if you feel yourself getting irritable do it. You'll come back feeling refreshed.

Also the suggestion about playing ARAM or trying out unusual ideas (especially with friends on skype) is great.
As soon as I have one loss in ranked I go play with friends in skype, I get relaxed and make sure I'm not falling into a losing streak and then go back to ranked.

Armstice

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo5kw View Post
Tbh, my personal life is ****. Bla bla bla LoL is my release. I generally have a pretty good attitude but lately I've been on a **** streak, and I can say most of it is me cknstantly losing my patience and sense of fun with the game. So, how do y'all recover and start having fun again?
Alright well here's how I manage my game rage. Firstly, EVERY complaint I have I verbalize before I ever consider typing a thing. More often then not I end up laughing at how rediculous I sound because honestly the only reason you are aware someone else has made a mistake is because you have done something similar before.

Secondly I've found that by watching streamers this isn't something that just everyday joe's deal with. Even the professionals will start to type a long rant only to delete it out and reword their comment to be more suitable for chat. Do this. If you keep your cool in chat it is way easier to keep your cool at the keyboard.

If all else fails and I'm finding that I just can't process the amount of derping, well as the old addage goes, "If you can't beat'em join'em." I'll just start derping myself to lighten my own mood. So when you suicide in a game for no reason, then claim it was to save me don't get upset when you see armstice engage a 1v5 under tower. "I wer saving da towah."

One more key point, and I find a lot of ragers in general are guilty of this. NO MATTER HOW YOU DIE, IN THE END WHEN YOU DIE IT WAS YOUR OWN FAULT. Yep, I said it. Some decision YOU made caused you to be put in harms way. Some of my best games have been because I simply refused to engage in a way that was unsafe, those tend to be my 8/1 10/0 High score low deaths which means on a carry anyway that you can translate that into objectives. So next time you want to say, "HAY GUY I'M THE ADC WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTECT ME?" Stop a minute and think, you know if I had kited the singed that was clearly diving for me from the start of the fight he would have flung me into a safer area instead of the middle of the enemy team.

Aamon2500

03-17-2013

If i notice i'm getting stressed out over LoL i take a break and switch to playing something else until i feel better. Then i dive back into LoL