Doublelift: "ADCs will be gone in a year."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bugog

02-22-2013

If he truly believes that ADC's will be crapped on by dual bruisers then he and his team should be hard at work making the strat a reality. As a professional LOL player he should be going to his team and saying "Hey guys, ADC's are weak right now, we should work on finding a good team comp that doesn't include them and take steaming dumps on all the sheep that are sticking with the adc meta." I'll watch the games next week to see if they do it.

Vanra

02-22-2013

Better they be gone than have the entire game revolve around protecting them until they get fed enough to 1v5 the enemy team.

xxacidusxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
I would bet against him.

Carries are toxic design, they've been "viable" ever since their inception. They will persist, unfortunately.
to be fair, as of now unless you know to position well and not get caught by xin e, jarv, r, vi r, hec r and not die within 3sec, i think it really will be better to play something bot other than adc so long as you can farm successfully during laning phase. i bet you can agree, right now it's not most of them. but!!! if you choose a high base damage assassin such as akali, you should be able to survive and be more useful lategame then say an ashe, or vayne who get popped instantaneously in teamfights if your frontline isn't able to stop them which in this meta is pretty hard to do assassins like adc, tend to win games as the game progresses as well so it wouldn't be bad either. thing is you could just pick mf for example who can just ult from afar and still do damage relative to a bruiser with aa's of an adc :s if you guys realise as well, adc's now require warmogs as well and they still get popped ~.~ people will search for more tankiness and they will end up finding a bruiser with high base to snowball in lane and deal damage later on whilst being part of the giant wall of pain~ fck hp honestly...

SlVIR

02-22-2013

agreed

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unban Auspexa View Post
adcs aren't even necessary, wait till a pro team does it
CLG tried Ali+Blitz once during Sea2...they lost.

However I believe there was a team playing Fiddlesticks+Rumble bot lately and won. I don't remember much about it though.

berserkhobo85

02-22-2013

Ive been saying the ad carry is dead they cant just kill anyone they need too even when fed this new season has shifted the meta hard. He gives a lot of good reasoning why more then i thought of but it all makes sense.

Ahri all day

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
A 0 cs support existing flows naturally from the fact that it's better to concentrate gold rather than spread it out across the team.

If we replace AD carry with yet another bruiser, because League of Gap Closers kills carries, there will still be a 0 cs support somewhere.
There would be Karma, and Karma only, maybe Soraka as well but mostly Karma.

Spawnblade

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unban Auspexa View Post
adcs aren't even necessary, wait till a pro team does it
This. They're not necessary anymore. You can run 5 man bruiser/ap comps NP. It might even be -more- effective now.

The first pro team to do it is probably going to destroy, and then there'll be a huge shift to the kill lane bot, with teams shifting around champs to try and counter whoever gets put down there.

Seriously though. The new items and champs really allow a lot of methods to shut down traditional AD carries and to build tanky while doing damage. The mobility creep is largely responsible for this as well.

Boswick

02-22-2013

I see where he is coming from since they definitely feel weaker this season, but i'm watching last weeks EU LCS right now and EG's yellowpete picked Varus every game and stomped with him, so i can't agree with him there.

Wodan

02-22-2013

He's just mad because CLG can't win by putting everything on him anymore. The rest of CLG actually has to do things now!