Doublelift: "ADCs will be gone in a year."

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eve The Ripper

02-22-2013

ADC is a gamble, but a fairly safe one. However, in this state, the gamble is higher risk and lower reward. He's fooling himself if he thinks that Riot is going to run off with the super bruiser direction.

Mirelyght

02-22-2013

the interviewer's gum to teeth ratio is disturbing

Holy Malevolence

02-22-2013

I await the day with baited breath.
**** ranged AD champions. With a long rusty spoon.

Graphaz

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirelyght View Post
the interviewer's gum to teeth ratio is disturbing
This is what I really was focusing on too. **** doublelift, that **** was weird.

Hi Guys I Suck

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
>2013
>Doublelift having any relevance in the pro scene anymore

'sall about the pro asian teams man
except even the asian teams say they have huge respect for doublelift as one of the best players in the game

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Anyone else want to point out when a "Pro Player" has been horrifically wrong....

CannibalMoose

02-22-2013

i didn't know he could predict patch notes one year down the road

Vichar

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I'm honestly surprised that no teams have run bruiser/assassin bottom or double bruiser bottom yet.
They do, sometimes. And these teams usually lose unless they are way more skilled than their lane opponents.

All the adc has to do in a kill lane against bruisers is bring cleanse. Poke with autos and if engaged upon, cleanse and use separator ability (Tristana rocket jump, Cait net, vayne tumble, ezreal astral shift, corki Valkyrie, etc. etc.). Support should simply stay safe. When kill bruisers blow abilities in failed attack, support re-initiates and it's nearly a guaranteed kill.

Later in the game, ADC grabs a last whisper or armor shred and it's gg.

I watched a Diamond stream and they were running an "all-in" comp like you describe. The only way they could win is if all 5 of them all in every team fight. This requires more coordination than the average pub team can muster. Plus, this bruiser team has problems taking turrets because there's no ADC to poke at it. You have to run into range to attack it as a bruiser, and that means you are vulnerable to defending champs.

I could go on.

futuresight23

02-22-2013

He's probably just feeling the pressure of having to carry CLG on his back in every game.

Linaeus

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
>2013
>Doublelift having any relevance in the pro scene anymore

'sall about the pro asian teams man
This comment makes no sense. Doublelift is top 3 in the world as far as AD carries. He knows what he could do in season 2 and what he can do in season 3.

Also, asian teams are more about team cohesion more than 1 person carrying them. They don't rely on just one person to carry them, and teams who do that are becoming weaker because only kill that person is such a simple solution when a team can execute properly. Besides CLG currently, look at Najin Sword before they had their synergy. MakNoon was carrying his team and they didn't do so well, but look at them now. They won OGN against Azubu Frost because they are able to communicate instead of MakNoon having a 4 man backpack. Once CLG starts to communicate more effectively and stop relying on Doublelift, they will do better, but until then, they won't be in contention for top 3 US teams.

1234567 ... 8