Doublelift: "ADCs will be gone in a year."

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzSkillshot

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
I would bet against him.

Carries are toxic design, they've been "viable" ever since their inception. They will persist, unfortunately.
How is carry a toxic design?
Do you even dictionary bro?

Xcopy

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYamazuki View Post
So you're saying there should be 0 counters to ADCs? and not everyone builds any of those items, mainly tankier people.
I don't think anyone said that. Nice straw man.

There is no item that counters AP the way that Randuins and Wardens Mail counter ADC is what Doublelift said.

Those items are really strong while the ADC items were all nerfed across the board.

Raptamei

02-22-2013

Yes, we know bruisers rule, health rules and this game is going down the ****ter.

It's k, no game lasts forever, Dota 2 is going public soon.

chumbler

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unban Auspexa View Post
adcs aren't even necessary, wait till a pro team does it
I'm honestly surprised that no teams have run bruiser/assassin bottom or double bruiser bottom yet.

The Iron Back

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcopy View Post
There is no item that counters AP the way that Randuins and Wardens Mail counter ADC is what Doublelift said.
Runic Bulwark says "**** you" to the AoE damage most mages rely on to be relevant in team fights.

Graphaz

02-22-2013

Quote:
I would bet against him.

Carries are toxic design, they've been "viable" ever since their inception. They will persist, unfortunately.
Toxic...?

"Viable" since their inception?

The former indicates the op doesn't know what "toxic" means and the latter makes no sense. How would an entire role ever be "unviable?"

Aside from that, AD carries are, by definition, the hardest scaling class in most MOBAs. By design, they have more DEEPS than anyone else lategame. That's the sole purpose of a carry.

margalolwut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

although he exaggerates... i think adc's arent as impactful in season 3

Interested to see how BOTRK works out.

SillyPotato

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiansupayann View Post
So...if adc leaves does that finally mean all the support can do something else?
Supports will become the new carries. AD supports will be the new meta.

Ellphi

02-22-2013

Quote:
I would bet against him.

^This
ADC is by far the most anti-fun thing in this game IMO. If your carry dies, you lose. Nothing is significant late game except for how good your ADC is at not dying and right clicking compared to the other team's ADC. Everyone else is just a meatshield/CC for the AD..

SmokingPuffin

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiansupayann View Post
So...if adc leaves does that finally mean all the support can do something else?
A 0 cs support existing flows naturally from the fact that it's better to concentrate gold rather than spread it out across the team.

If we replace AD carry with yet another bruiser, because League of Gap Closers kills carries, there will still be a 0 cs support somewhere.

123456 ... 8