Is Tank Kass better than glass cannon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mightyal

02-22-2013

In the hundreds of games I've played with Kassadins, I've rarely seen a tankadin build. Me being the other one whenever I decide to play him.

I find him unstoppable until I run into teams that are too tanky which I can no longer do much damage.

Belrick

02-22-2013

Kass is naturally 'tanky' because of his ult.

Just build a ROA very first thing to provide some health and your done. Everything else for the kill.

But yes he is no anti-tank, best used versus adc or other ap assassins.

vs. tanks you must save your ult as a disengage.

A Slime Appears

02-22-2013

If you build glass you have to be realllllly careful about where you go because you can be burst down somewhat easily, especially if a Talon or Xin is around. If you build tank you can proceed to give no ****s. It's harder to see the impact you have when you go tank but all the CC and energy the team wastes trying to take you down helps your team quite a bit, on top of your burst and CC.

SirLucious LftFt

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
It's harder to see the impact you have when you go tank but all the CC and energy the team wastes trying to take you down helps your team quite a bit, on top of your burst and CC.
This so much. Ignore him even tank he will make waste of ur squishies, attack him and waste your time all day while being killed by his buddies.

IronAegis

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belrick View Post
Kass is naturally 'tanky' because of his ult.

But yes he is no anti-tank, best used versus EVERYONE.
Yes that

Fabs457

02-23-2013

Tanky allows a greater margin for error when it comes towards initiates/escapes, but it is kind of sad that almost any from of Kass has the ability to do well just because of his kit. AD, on-hit, tanky, glass cannon, I've seen them all do well and win games.

Froppi

02-23-2013

Tank Kass is definitely the way to go. Behavior dictates *ZOMG MOAR AP*, as it is much more satisfying to 1-2 combo a squishy, however manatank Kass offers much more to the team. Constatnly engaging, silencing, slowing, and disengaging creates a greater impact in team fights overall due to the fact that the enemy team will constantly be shifting focus to you, blowing cc on you, chasing you, and even if they do catch you with some CC, you're tankier.

What I'm trying to say is that tank Kass has greater rewards if played properly than AP Kass, it's just harder to see the results because it's not the kind of success outcome people are used to seeing in champs, not always about KDR and score, just the win.

Kholdstare13

02-23-2013

mana tank kass is OP. Sadly we need to wait till he wrecks a SR tournament before Riot will ever catch on to this fact.

PUR3ICE

02-23-2013

Depends against and with people you are matched with.
The stronger the enemy gets the better defense gets, until a point.
About a 60% + defense and 40% - is quite strong imo, the40% cdr is gain with the defense items.

Malah

02-23-2013

There's no real reason to play tank Kass unless the other team is full of CC - his passive combined with a RoA makes him thoroughly immune to burst mages while letting him auto them to death and it is thoroughly impossible for anyone who can actually kill him to chase him past a second blink.

You don't play an assassin looking to out-tank the other team, you do it to kill them. There's no reason to sit in the middle of their team when you can unload and blink away; building tank is when they have so much CC that it's not feasible to expect to get away with a standard build. Sacrifice some burst damage and obtain essentially infinite sustained damage. There's no reason to do it, however, when that burst damage is enough to kill the people who are any real danger to you.