Pick Order vs Call

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

02-23-2013

There are no implied roles in draft pick. You can fill niches that aren't in the current meta. I tend to duo top if someone wants to be a jerk about pick order.

Ren221

02-24-2013

made a poll on the topic

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3153885

LogicalTautology

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparthesis View Post
This is where we get into calling a position. Everyone does it, there isn't anyone that doesn't call there position, it is only when someone doesn't get what they want that they began a long winded tantrum about how they are higher in the pick order and they can do what they want...cause it's in the "rules".
Stop projecting your tendencies onto other people. I have literally never called a role in Ranked if I am lower than 2nd pick, unless everyone else already said what they are playing. On the other hand, if I'm first-pick but someone types "mid" as soon as the lobby opens, I have no problem saying "Sorry buddy, going mid in this one" if I'm first pick and feel like playing mid.

MateenOwesMoney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Stop projecting your tendencies onto other people. I have literally never called a role in Ranked if I am lower than 2nd pick, unless everyone else already said what they are playing. On the other hand, if I'm first-pick but someone types "mid" as soon as the lobby opens, I have no problem saying "Sorry buddy, going mid in this one" if I'm first pick and feel like playing mid.
And you get your sweet ass countered and inevitably blame the Jungle/top/bot for your feed. First picking mid is the worst thing you can do lol

Aparthesis

02-24-2013

Wow. I'm really surprised at the answers that have given in this forum. Though I can't say it wasn't totally expected. What was expected is how people somehow totally missed the point or didn't read what I wrote in its entirety. Taintedholy and Laxjoh seem to have somehow totally missed the whole point of my post which is one of the reason why I posted this in the first place. People aren't thinking about this subject but just blurting out some nonsense that hasn't had any thought put into it.

Now assuming that you did read all of my post and you realized that calling is an intention. This intention is to let the team know what position you are best at and prefer. With this information the team can better place champs and positions for battles against the enemy as well as counter. I know a lot of people are against something called "STRATEGY" but it is a team based game and thus in need of said strategy. Just playing whatever the pick order is means that there is no strategy, your just playing whatever you want cause you get to pick first. Also, this elo bs that is going on about being first pick. Just cause you have a higher elo and pick first doesn't mean that whatever you pick is going to be good for a team as a whole. I swear people need to learn to play some chess or something before the play a game that needs people to think three moves ahead. Just cause you are better at a role cause of your high elo means that you have a better chance of winning your lane. Now if winning just one lane lead to victory every time then I would not have to be talking about this but as it rarely ever does then this is still an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedHoly View Post
Other people have made the comment on why cannot the first picks let the last picks get mid and top, so they can counter other picks. I can make the same question on why last picks cannot automatically go the unpopular picks so they can trade with first picks so they can counter.
This right here is a perfect example of what i'm talking about. A few notes first. People do realize that most people that go through ranked, play really good in one to two positions but can play all but not as well as those one or two positions. So why give them a position that they are going to be bad at say like mid. What if your first pick and your best spot is support. That right there negates what you just said.

Another big fact of the matter is that swapping is dangerous....of they picked trist as the adc...i should probably go cait....what you don't have cait....all you have is twitch.......In this situation which happens more then not cause it only requires to have ten champs to play ranked. Swapping can be dangerous but it can also be the best thing ever but swapping also means that you are flexible and if you are flexible in the first place then you wouldn't be crying about how you get to pick first.

One last fact, you make it seem like these "unpopular" picks are somehow less important, which is not true. You may not have meant that but that is exactly how it sounds.

Some since I have a feeling that this won't be read in its entirety as my original post I can sum it up in a few words- IT IS ABOUT PICK ORDER AND WHAT YOU WANT....IT IS ABOUT STRATEGY AND TEAMWORK. IF YOUR ELO MAKES YOU HIGHER THEN THE TEAM THE PLAY BY YOURSELF.

Aparthesis

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateenOwesMoney View Post
And you get your sweet ass countered and inevitably blame the Jungle/top/bot for your feed. First picking mid is the worst thing you can do lol
This is what i'm mainly talking about as well. Mateen has it right in this. More often then not the person who picks first doesn't want to swap cause last pick doesn't have the right champion and he picks what he wants right from the beginning and gets countered only to blame it on everyone else...but his high elo made him sooooooo much better.