League Judgment - LeBlanc

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turtlerocket

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorrboDalv View Post
I didn't quite like this one. It feels different, much less of a trial or a judgment, and more of an insight.
Remember, this is LeBlanc we're talking about here. LeBlanc reveals what she please- Errr, that's Mundo.

Meldyran

08-20-2011

I think It makes a lot more sense if it is the staff, and not the headdress, that makes the vessel LeBlanc. They make a point to mention it thrice; the description at the begging, when it is handed down and when she is receiving Swain as a guest. Also her skins... the staff is the only thing that doesn't change, everything else, however, does.

Perhaps the broach is what holds the illusion on the vessel, but it is the staff which holds the sapient part of "LeBlanc," the memories or the intelligence that grants the vessel its powers. It might have just been part of the story progression, but I find it interesting that this judgement is divided between two memories. It oppens with Evaine's, not LeBlanc's, memory, before receiving the staff and the brooch, they make it a point to mention that she was missing both. And this memory abruptly ends when she receives the staff, at which precise point she becomes LeBlanc, (or LeBlanc takes over) and the summoner is unable to continue the same memory because he/she is unknowingly reading Evaine's memories, not LeBlanc's.

On the second vision LeBlanc's personality is finally shown, while I am not sure (and this while this whole post is just speculation) if the memory belongs to LeBlanc (the staff?) or Evaine herself, it is obvious that she is still continuing the ambitious pattern of behavior that was laid out on her bio, the same behavior that she has held since before Darkwill, and even after at least one known switch in vessel. So yeah like most here I agree LeBlanc is perhaps not human, and is surviving through vessels.

The only thing that I am wondering now is... who IS LeBlanc, where did she come from, what was she before she became an undying force. The late Noxian Queen?I doubt it; although her bio is not very specific about her specific profession it makes it pretty clear her control over the nobles and the monarchy was very discrete. Although the writers make it a point to give her the ever-burning passion to "restore her people's birthright", which makes me think if her schemes to change Noxus preceded not only Darkwill, but even the late monarchy...

I think the look of her staff and perhaps even her portrait offer clues to this. Her staff slightly resembles a broken hand mirror, and her portrait includes two wall mirrors, one of which is broken, while the other has a reflection that does not match the feature'd LeBlanc's face. Not to mention the late's vessel mention of looking at a mirror, a sign of wealth, vanity and pomp. Maybe she was a Noble who felt entitled to the crown, or perhaps even deserved it by right; the broken mirror might be the symbol of a story typical of Noxus; she was robbed from her birthright by the late monarchs. Perhaps her desire to retake it was so strong that her restless spirit lived on, on her long quest to regain what was rightfully hers...

:P I dunno, all of this is just a bunch of speculation, but by far, all the intrigue and not knowing has made her my favorite character. Mah Waifu!

ThePickOfDestiny

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldyran View Post
I think It makes a lot more sense if it is the staff, and not the headdress, that makes the vessel LeBlanc. They make a point to mention it thrice; the description at the begging, when it is handed down and when she is receiving Swain as a guest. Also her skins... the staff is the only thing that doesn't change, everything else, however, does.

Perhaps the broach is what holds the illusion on the vessel, but it is the staff which holds the sapient part of "LeBlanc," the memories or the intelligence that grants the vessel its powers. It might have just been part of the story progression, but I find it interesting that this judgement is divided between two memories. It oppens with Evaine's, not LeBlanc's, memory, before receiving the staff and the brooch, they make it a point to mention that she was missing both. And this memory abruptly ends when she receives the staff, at which precise point she becomes LeBlanc, (or LeBlanc takes over) and the summoner is unable to continue the same memory because he/she is unknowingly reading Evaine's memories, not LeBlanc's.

On the second vision LeBlanc's personality is finally shown, while I am not sure (and this while this whole post is just speculation) if the memory belongs to LeBlanc (the staff?) or Evaine herself, it is obvious that she is still continuing the ambitious pattern of behavior that was laid out on her bio, the same behavior that she has held since before Darkwill, and even after at least one known switch in vessel. So yeah like most here I agree LeBlanc is perhaps not human, and is surviving through vessels.

The only thing that I am wondering now is... who IS LeBlanc, where did she come from, what was she before she became an undying force. The late Noxian Queen?I doubt it; although her bio is not very specific about her specific profession it makes it pretty clear her control over the nobles and the monarchy was very discrete. Although the writers make it a point to give her the ever-burning passion to "restore her people's birthright", which makes me think if her schemes to change Noxus preceded not only Darkwill, but even the late monarchy...

I think the look of her staff and perhaps even her portrait offer clues to this. Her staff slightly resembles a broken hand mirror, and her portrait includes two wall mirrors, one of which is broken, while the other has a reflection that does not match the feature'd LeBlanc's face. Not to mention the late's vessel mention of looking at a mirror, a sign of wealth, vanity and pomp. Maybe she was a Noble who felt entitled to the crown, or perhaps even deserved it by right; the broken mirror might be the symbol of a story typical of Noxus; she was robbed from her birthright by the late monarchs. Perhaps her desire to retake it was so strong that her restless spirit lived on, on her long quest to regain what was rightfully hers...

:P I dunno, all of this is just a bunch of speculation, but by far, all the intrigue and not knowing has made her my favorite character. Mah Waifu!
Leblanc could probably be the old Queen of Noxus. Infact perhaps a Male King, because Leblanc is a masculine french name meaning "The White", otherwise why isnt she called "LaBlance" which is hte feminine version of the name. My guess is she or he was some noxian monarch from along time ago who transfered her mind into a staff and crown before death, then a line of people were Leblancs all the way down, and Evaine is a young girl currently possessed by Leblanc.