The final piece missing of the LoL puzzle

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NWOiscomingsoon

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbar View Post
When have you gotten a pentakill but not had a replay for it ... TT ME x3
And the pentakills from awesome high ELO games, they would be nice too...

I don't get many of those so... hahah

NWOiscomingsoon

10-29-2010

And thank you for your reply Guinsoo, minus the MINOR angry tone, I appreciate it muchly...

I have good faith in your team and I hope you guys are putting a High priority on reps at the moment... I know it would sure reassure me and alot of the others to know that you are. A simple announcement about it would make my day... no my week... make that year.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnaM View Post
And again, this statement is false.
First, you're assuming the revenue of LoL so low that if their cycle changes, they're done for. This is an assumption that neither you or I can get proof on.
Second, patch does not mean champion production. Patch means correction/balance/bug fixes in the game so it's viable to play champions without having to worry about one particular one. Thus, patching is not the thing that's giving them revenue.
Third, champion production is not only source of income. I'll bet you more people spent money on RP just to get French Maid Nidalee or the new Cat Katarina than used it on Urgot or Lux.
Fourth, refer to my comment on page 10 on why patching every 2 weeks is plain stupid.
1.) That is correct. We don't have proof, however, casual players who have a real career and a family that do not have time to play this game for 15+ hours a week will more then likely pay RP to have champs they want or look cool (Urgot looks bad ass) even if they suck. They aren't hardcore elitist that follow a tier list like blind sheep. They play for fun and PAY for fun.

2.) Currently, since their patches include, sales, new champions, and new skins. I will go with yes it is providing them revenue.

3.) You are correct, they can get it from skins but how many skins are you going to buy for a champion? 1 maybe 2? The money is them creating a never ending hole. If they patch every 2-3 months people will not need RP to buy champions or rune pages etc because of the amount they can accumulate over that time frame. I can get 3-5K a week. Imagine 2 months? I would never need to spend money on new champs. Creating a system where you feel you NEED to spend RP to keep up or catch up is how that make impulse buyers...buy. Does that make sense? (I know sometimes my explanations are hard to understand.)

CondaMagoo

10-29-2010

So all games that don't update every 2 weeks go downhill? There's no way Riot can find a better updating system? Alright

cozmic0

10-29-2010

Agreed! Replay should be the next priority after server stability...

At least give us out something, it doesn't even have to be perfect. The other day Guinsoo mentioned that HoN replay system is flawed as well, but just look at HoN competitive scene today.. They still flourish and develops really well... Non-issue really, something is better than nothing at all!

Tldr: I want to see LoL equivalent of HoNcast and HoNleague.