New Co-op vs AI diffculty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duessal

02-22-2013

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but bot games are extremely easy in every aspect. You would be hard pressed to play a bot game and not have your team K/D around 40/2. It's ridiculous. The bots are so easy to predict. They run straight towards a team with little health and fight, never dodge any incoming skillshots or even attempt to, and they all build they're items predictably (not to mention defensively) and the EXACT SAME WAY every single time. This is true for both Beginner and Intermediate. I've seen other threads about this issue and their solutions were make the intermediate difficulty the new "expert" difficulty and nerf the intermediate to go between the two. Honestly, that would not do anything whatsoever. They are complaining that intermediate means "between two" and yes that is true, but creating a new difficulty for the sake of creating it does not solve the issue in the least. So how is this:
Leave the Intermediate and Beginner Difficulty levels exactly the way they are, and create a new one (title Expert, Hard, Extreme, Legendary, etc. I don't care) that completely maximizes the potential for AI bot champions. I'm talking about making these champions so strategic and excessive that any wrong move that you or your team makes will be punished brutally with extreme prejudice. Sure there may be problems with this, (availability of technology, time, or resources,) and maybe everyone doesn't want this, but why doesn't Riot create a forum or a poll that asks the players what THEY think about this and see what they say. If there is anything wrong with this idea (and I'm sure there is), comment on it and it will be dealt with or compromised with.

Zaphery

02-22-2013

It be nice if riot could find a way to make a harder difficulty for co-op v. ai. I would like to get my first win of the day on weekdays without falling asleep.

federaly

02-22-2013

Bot games aren't easy for noobs and that's really who they're aimed at. If you want more difficulty why not just pvp?

LogicalTautology

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duessal View Post
I don't know if anyone has noticed, but bot games are extremely easy in every aspect. You would be hard pressed to play a bot game and not have your team K/D around 40/2. It's ridiculous. The bots are so easy to predict. They run straight towards a team with little health and fight, never dodge any incoming skillshots or even attempt to, and they all build they're items predictably (not to mention defensively) and the EXACT SAME WAY every single time. This is true for both Beginner and Intermediate. I've seen other threads about this issue and their solutions were make the intermediate difficulty the new "expert" difficulty and nerf the intermediate to go between the two. Honestly, that would not do anything whatsoever. They are complaining that intermediate means "between two" and yes that is true, but creating a new difficulty for the sake of creating it does not solve the issue in the least. So how is this:
Leave the Intermediate and Beginner Difficulty levels exactly the way they are, and create a new one (title Expert, Hard, Extreme, Legendary, etc. I don't care) that completely maximizes the potential for AI bot champions. I'm talking about making these champions so strategic and excessive that any wrong move that you or your team makes will be punished brutally with extreme prejudice. Sure there may be problems with this, (availability of technology, time, or resources,) and maybe everyone doesn't want this, but why doesn't Riot create a forum or a poll that asks the players what THEY think about this and see what they say. If there is anything wrong with this idea (and I'm sure there is), comment on it and it will be dealt with or compromised with.
You'd be surprised. I rarely play an Int Bot game without having at least 1-2 players at or below 1-1 K/D ratio.

Haitah

02-22-2013

I love feeding in Intermediate bot games, they bots become OP, try facing them after feeding them each 2-3 kills.

MicKretz

02-22-2013

bots are hard for ppl new to the game....those that know wat they doing, as u said bots are easy to predict, it is very easy......since you good at predicting bots, you should move on to normal games and start predicting human plays, sometimes its easy and sometimes its tough but gl to ya

Duessal

02-24-2013

Well let's see. I, in fact, actually do play pvp and ranked games, but that's irrelevant. First of all, creating a style of game that is only for a select group is pretty pointless because the majority of people become better quite rapidly and move on to pvp. Co-op vs AI was created to make a challenge against players. Sure it's used for new players, but any player who scarcely knows what they are doing can defeat bots unless you intentionally feed, (which I try to do sometimes to make it harder, but rarely works) and that doesn't solve the problem. You don't have to play bot games a lot to know how to predict moves and abilities. It's called intuition or instinct for others. Also it doesn't take an expert to figure out how to counter certain actions. Anyways, some experienced players like to play bot games to try out new builds and new champs (actually anyone does that, as a matter of fact), or as is stated above "to get the first win of the day." What I proposed wasn't to take away the challenge for the new players, but to give it to the experienced ones.

Arientus

02-24-2013

I'm gonna be honest, Co-op vs Ai is fine the way it is. It was not meant for players our skill level to play it. It was meant for the lower levels who have trouble playing against REAL players and trying to get the hang of the game mechanics.

It needs not have a raised difficulty because we aren't the ones intended to play it.

Moneyshot93

02-24-2013

Just throwing in my two cents, I believe the current AI is okay for new to decent players. But in games like star craft I personally enjoy playing with friends and family against a smarter and more dangerous AI than the game currently has.

Believe it or not this is just a game and is fun to goof around with friends/family without having to worry about getting trolled, or dealing with ragers.

Have a nice day everyone

eMkcuF

02-24-2013

I'd like to see bots make use of a jungler. Every time I buy a new jungler I go try him out in a co-op game but I feel spoiled because there is no enemy jungler, no fear of invades or counterganks. I don't feel like Riot should focus too much on co-op because it is directed towards the beginners, but I like to try out new champs (especially difficult ones like Zed) in co-op games so I don't screw over my team in normals. I think it'd be cool to have a third difficulty level with a jungler bot and bots that contest buffs and drag/baron.