Ways to beat the incredibly powerful skillless champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLipJeT

02-22-2013

Throughout the past ~month ive had constant problems with beating
-Diana
-Akali
-Fizz
These champs are all close ranged, have a gap closer and can put out insane amounts of damage over a small amount of time. I understand a good way to beat akali is to buy pink wards for lane and that would make up for the only successful games against said champions.
Id like to give an example of a game I recently had. I was cassiopeia against a fizz. I had around 110 farm when fizz had only 39 and it was about ~12 mins into the game. He has sheen and sorc shoes whereas i have chalice and almost rabidons. He engages with his ult in which I try and ult him to prevent excess damage, sometimes he would E out of it and sometimes id hit him. Regardless of whether it hit or not, he would proceed to Q and auto me with sheen proc causing me to die. This is quite confusing when ive tried different rune pages and the one that I was running for that game was MR blues, HP/lvl yellows and standard AP for the reds and quints. The point being, the champs mentioned can have significantly low amounts of farm and still manage to pull off easy kills on champs that arent mobile, which makes me a little sad when technically i should be far ahead when in reality im behind?

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions?

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

You can cleanse/QSS out of Fizz's ult. As for the others, I'm having trouble understanding how you would lose against them with significantly higher farm unless you're letting them harass you down without punishing them for it.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Btw, you look like an ass when you say whatever champion is beating you is 'skilless.'

That said, all you need to do is learn their abilities and their power curves. Fizz is really weak till he has all his skills and some items to be able to actually make use of them. All three champions are melee, and looking to dash onto your face starting at 6. Shut them down hard pre-6 (Which you are doing, by the sound of things), then save your CC for when they jump on you. You can't stay hyper aggressive against them.

Frankly, if you are having trouble vs melee champs with gap closers on Cassio, you're doing it wrong. You harass and play like normal, they jump at you, you ult, full combo, spam fang, they die. You will win easily in a burst contest where you get a free stun to open it.

MicKretz

02-22-2013

i can tell you that for akali...pink wards are your friends...forcing her to either spend for wards (which she wont) and getting an oracle (costing her 400 gold and when she dies cuz of focus fire, thats 400 gold down the tube with no stat gains)

fizz is just a kiting pain in the rump...better buy a harpoon gun for him lolz

diana--read up on her current nerfs + recent buffs and exploit what you can

SLipJeT

02-22-2013

The reason I said skillless was because the champs require little mechanics and still manage to pull off insane plays/damage w.e. On another note, beating melee champs pre 6 i dont have a problem with, just trading evenly after sustaining hefty/deadly damage is my problem. Akali seems to be less of a problem for cass since she cant shroud after i stun her, but smart fizzs ult>Q>auto with W and save E for when they know im desperate to survive. Its quite easy to predict even playing as fizz against mids of similar types.

SLipJeT

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokel85 View Post
You can cleanse/QSS out of Fizz's ult. As for the others, I'm having trouble understanding how you would lose against them with significantly higher farm unless you're letting them harass you down without punishing them for it.
It doesnt completely nullify the damage and the knock up.

Yokel85

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLipJeT View Post
It doesnt completely nullify the damage and the knock up.
It lets you walk out of it, which completely nullifies both the damage and the knock-up.

Rockoutwithmy

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLipJeT View Post
The reason I said skillless was because the champs require little mechanics and still manage to pull off insane plays/damage w.e. On another note, beating melee champs pre 6 i dont have a problem with, just trading evenly after sustaining hefty/deadly damage is my problem. Akali seems to be less of a problem for cass since she cant shroud after i stun her, but smart fizzs ult>Q>auto with W and save E for when they know im desperate to survive. Its quite easy to predict even playing as fizz against mids of similar types.
Cass is literally Q>E spam, with an AoE slow+Damage and an AoE Slow/stun with damage.
She also has the highest sustain damage. That being said she is no where enar hard, shes actually rather boring to play as, and against because if it.

The fact you got completely wrecked by a fizz is because you got hit by his slow moving, narrow Skill shot ultimate which allowed him to close the gap on you and tear you apart.

There is nothing about him being easy, or not having a lot of mechanics,(Cass has less than him) this is about an obvious skill gap between the two people playing.

Mister Simple

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockoutwithmy View Post
Cass is literally Q>E spam, with an AoE slow+Damage and an AoE Slow/stun with damage.
She also has the highest sustain damage. That being said she is no where enar hard, shes actually rather boring to play as, and against because if it.

The fact you got completely wrecked by a fizz is because you got hit by his slow moving, narrow Skill shot ultimate which allowed him to close the gap on you and tear you apart.

There is nothing about him being easy, or not having a lot of mechanics,(Cass has less than him) this is about an obvious skill gap between the two people playing.
I believe every champ is skill oriented --- that's why I found this topic offensive. It's like being good at a champion means nothing.

LoubieDoobie

02-26-2013

I take offense to this. I use both akali and fizz. They are AP burst assassins. There aren't all that many of them. And they are easily countered. Please learn to play better before you disregard any skill we may have with champs.

Based on your recent matches, I'd go and say your probably just not very good.