Opinions on Leona's runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QueenMeg

02-22-2013

I'm going to start maining Leona as a support.
I'm just not sure if I should buy:

Mark of armor
Seal of armor
Glyph of MR
and Quintessence of gold..

or is it better to buy cool down reduction runes?

MicKretz

02-22-2013

flat magic glyphs and seals of gold per 10 and your all set (the seals can be armor, but for a support gp10 is better)

no CD runes

angryWelchMan

02-22-2013

I personally think the Seal of armor are better the GP10. Because your playing leona. If your forced into laying passive with Leona your going to lose your lane. If your being effective as leona youll have a lot of assits for gold

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

You don't need cooldown reduction runes in my opinion... As a support, you should have enough CDR with items such as Shurelias (10% CDR?) and Leona's cooldowns aren't really a problem but you should delay your skills.

Example: E to them (immobilized for a second), wait, they start moving, shield bash with Q (stunned for a second or two), wait. If they're not dead yet, R. If you pop all 3 of them at once, you're not making use of the entire immobilization.

I play Leona and Taric occasionally and use
1.0 x 3 GP Quints
0.25 x 9 GP Seals
0.91 x 9 Armor Marks
1.34 x 9 MR Glyphs

Totaling
5.3 GP/10
8.2 ARMOR
12 MR
While running 1-13-16 masteries.

Reason for this: I use GP/seals because with the champion damage reduction masteries + armor mastery alongside Taric & Leona W, I feel stacking more armor becomes more counter productive whereas having the additional gold early game allows me to buy a sightstone much earlier. I could be wrong but they should always be managed for your own personal needs since I noticed I kept recalling and falling short like 50-100 gold each time for a sight stone.