Support won't let me summoner name change????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autorevolver

02-22-2013

I submitted a ticket and have been relaying back and forth with a member at Riot and extremely unhappy with the results of the conversation. I wanted to do a summoner name change between my two accounts (I have done this before with the same accounts, just switching back to the way it was originally) and for some reason the person will not take the 1300 RP out of my account because there is 'no proof' that this account is mine?

He's asking for so much ridiculous information, I've provided everything this person has asked for but was left with a message basically saying "too bad unless you can find some solid proof." Why am I being treated this way? Isn't there any indication that I have done this transaction between these SAME EXACT accounts before?

Really frustrated. Can someone help me with something other than an automated copy & paste response????

Autorevolver

02-22-2013

bump

Autorevolver

02-22-2013

To show you just how ridiculous this is, I'll copy and paste exactly ALL the information this support employee requested of me. Even after giving him all of this information, he can't verify that the account belongs to me apparently. Yet here I am...

Account Name (the name you log in to the LoL client with):
Summoner Name (the name your friends see in-game):
The server you play on (NA, EU-West or EU-Nordic/East):
Creation date of the account (Month/Year):
Original email address used to register the account:
Location you registered the account (City/State/Country):
Last IP address used to play League of Legends (http://www.whatismyip.org/):
Any other people that have access to the account:
How you came into possession of the account:
- List of all email addresses used on the account:
- Internet ISP/Provider used when registering the account
- List of locations the account has been accessed from: (City/Country)
- List of payment methods used to purchase RP:
- Email address linked to PayPal account:
- Phone number used for SMS transactions:
- Any additional PaySafe Card PIN/Transaction IDs:
- Any other transaction ID’s received via email for this account
- First few champions ever purchased:
- First item ever purchased with RP:
- List of at least 5 Summoner names of friends you have referred:
- List of at least 5 Summoner names of friends on your friends list:
- Any other family members/friends that have access to your account:
- Are you the original creator of the account?
- Any transaction ID's you have received from a confirmation email:
- Transaction numbers from a credit card statement:
- Any Paypal, Paysafecard, or SMS confirmation numbers:
- The last 4 digits and expiration date of any credit card(s) you have used to purchase RP:
- Approximate dates of most recent RP purchases
- Location of RP purchases (City,State,Country)

.... just to swap the summoner names between my accounts? When I did this the first time I wasn't treated like a criminal. :/

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-22-2013

Hi Bad,

Sorry about the hassle.

The reason behind this change is because systems that require account verification now have increased scrutiny in order to add protection against account fraud like hacking or phishing.

All functions (like name changes between existing accounts) that require account verification, have added security built in that PS staff members cannot circumvent. Because these security verifications are now required, the way they need to be presented is unfortunately rather systematic (looks kinda like a copy paste), because staff needs exact answers to specific questions.

In this case, it sounds like the answer to one or more of the questions you posted above did not match what PS has on file for the account so the switch was not able to be made.

One thing you could try would be to open a ticket from each account and reference the ticket number in both cases. Although there will probably still be additional verification needed, that would at least give a basic level of connection to your request.

Autorevolver

02-22-2013

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

However, most of the questions pertain to things I haven't thought about in over a year, when my account was created. It's difficult to answer some of those questions to things that took place so long ago.

I literally did a name swap just LAST month with 0 hassle. I've given all accurate information down to the names of people on my friend's list... not really sure what else I can do.

I simply refuse to do a name change on my alt account just so I can do ANOTHER client-based name change to get the name I desire. I'm not paying 2600 RP just to get the name I want because the security is overwhelming.

I have an easier time transferring money into other people's bank accounts. There's absolutely no other way for me to get the name? Even if they could just do a name-erase on my lower level account so I can change it in game?

If there was an ACTUAL security issue with my account and I was trying to get my account back from someone that stole it I'd be terrified if I had to go through this ridiculous amount of questions that not even myself seem to be able to answer clearly enough for these security systems. :/

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-22-2013

Just to clarify,

I wasn't suggesting that you do a name change (for RP) on both accounts, just that you submit a ticket from your 2nd account, to supplement the request on your first account.

Autorevolver

02-22-2013

Logging in to contact player support utilizes a different username/password than your actual accounts.

Profeeding FTW

03-24-2013

too many words