Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tanky Revive/Teleport/GA Teams

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ten Inch Rooster

Recruiter

02-22-2013

So at the loading screen I though we were just up against a troll team. Amumu, Malphite, Sion, Udyr and Alistar all with Revive/Teleport. I was wrong. I have to give kudos to this setup as it was ridiculous to go up against. Early game was fairly easy as they were duoing top so I got some good farm under my tower. Mid-game through end-game it was absolutely obnoxious as they all bought GAs and just went straight up tanky. I mean they just seemed to pour out of their base just about as quick as we could kill them. We had a fairly standard setup with Nocturne, Xin Zhao, Cass, Ez and me as Nasus. Not to toot my own horn but playing as Nasus really won us this game. His infinite scaling and debuffing really finally overwhelmed them (game was well over an hour long) in team fights as everyone maxed out their builds but I was the only one the field still getting stronger.

But I'm sure this setup is used every once in a while. What would be a more strategic way to have won against a setup like this that doesn't really rely on one champion though? Again I give them kudos as it was well fought and now I'm interested.

Druthox

02-22-2013

I have once playied a game as Malphite, and my team also had Garen, Alistar and Amumu... It was long time ago, but we all built Warmogs, Aegis of Legion, GA's, Force of Nature and boots... They couldn't kill us because when the whole team was near by, my armor would jump to more than 300.

BTW, I was trolling with my friends (we're the tanks)... The fifth guy was a bit confused, but he have done well as TF.

Ramachese

02-22-2013

The idea of an entire team, not just a tanky one, all taking teleport, has been one I've thought about. It could allow the team some serious mobility and the ability to quickly converge on, say, a tower that was being seiged by their creeps before the other team could react.

The down side is you are giving up ignites and exhausts and teleport has a pretty long cooldown.