How to Counter Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cranshinibon

02-22-2013

I usually top Yorick, because he has such great sustain, great poke, and he is one of my favorite, and better characters to play. I have been having a lot of trouble trying to beat Jayce, especially since even when I try to block his cannon / beam ranged combo with my W ghoul, it still winds up hitting me - unless I preemptively get it down before he tries and zone me out.

It's also frustrating because I don't know how to bring him down in a team fight, especially since a lot of people neglect ffsing him. I would love some input on trying to beat him top with Yorick (or possibly someone else) and knowing how to deal with him in team fight situations, bc he has way too much sway on how the battle goes with his poke and combos (especially when the team is working together well and playing aggressive.

Great Pyrenees

02-22-2013

I got bad news for you, Riots new champs are OP and the old champs fall by the wayside into oblivion. Listen if your a skilled Yorick player you already know how to beat jayce you just have to make sure to engage when you can win the trade (Maybe even buy a chalice for sustain). I beat his butt like a drumm with reneckton. Point is skill beats out stats the majority of the time, wait for jayce to be lom or overextend then take him to school. As for the team fight aspect there is NOTHING you can do to equal his output other than instructing your team to focus him first. Yorick is not a dmg beast.

jefffroson

02-22-2013

lol, first few sentences and i thought it was another troll who thinks yorick counters everything

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

As a yorick I would expect decent success with him vs jayce. I think you might be relying too much on your ghoul-trick to block his Qballs which is unnecessary and wasteful.

Any non-yorick simply uses their own creeps to keep from getting hit by Qball. Qball pushes creeps and costs a lot so enemy jayce doesnt wanna spam it, nor can they.
As yorick you can pretty easily use E ghoul maxed to heal up any damage you periodically take from it.
Dont waste W ghoul trying to block shots. Use W/E when you can to damage Jayce and slow him while your 2 ghouls beat him down. between ghouls beating on him and blocking his shots and you being in your creeps and moving around, he won't have much chance to Qball you.
You can simply outsustain him.

Cenerae

02-25-2013

Jayce doesn't really have any specific counters that I can think of. However, you can exploit his weaknesses just the same. When he's used his hammer mode E to knock you away, he no longer has a method to disengage from you short of trying to run away. This is when he's at his most vulnerable, and this is when you can fight him.

That doesn't garuntee you'll be able to win an exchange, but if you're someone like Xin you should be able to give him quite the beating if you play your cards right.