Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@IronStylus: More leona skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

risend

03-10-2013

Judge Leona (final fantasy xii) please

Lunar Lightning

04-04-2013

http://sunnykoda.deviantart.com/art/Eclipse-Leona-363428309?q=gallery%3Asunnykoda&qo=0

Hallows Evelynn

04-04-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
So, quick question, what does any sort of "eclipse" skin look like? I see a lot of that suggested but I haven't really wrapped my head around the visual hook. Is it like.. you paint her half white and half black? Like a ying yang theme? How would you distinguish it from the base, especially on Diana? I mean, I can mess around with the idea, but I am interested in what comes to mind in terms of imagery when people suggest it. I'm genuinely curious!

a guy in another thread got it right. it would basically be a reverse of there current armor and represents a actually true eclipse. for leona it would be black armor with her original golden/orange armor underneath it glowing very brightly as if it was trying to escape.

diana would have this same effect, but the glow would of course be white to represent the moon.

VanceStubbs

04-04-2013

Saber skin for Leona plox

RockJockey

04-04-2013

Solar Eclipse

First thing that comes to mind is a mostly Black outfit with Gold Highlights.

Draaaaaaavén

04-04-2013

I'm really surprised she didn't get a ice skin.

I'd suggest, a bright white with maybe some gold thrown in. But bright is what I really want out of it. Maybe a cape with her signature red on the inside. Could be the legendary. Maybe justify it with some snazzy lore, I dunno.

Even entertaining the idea would be enough. Validate me, Ironstyles ::3

Netteh

04-04-2013

Thunder godess leona pls
Ult is lightning striking down from the sky
Aslong as there will be more Leona skins I'm happy though

Freecycle

04-04-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
So, quick question, what does any sort of "eclipse" skin look like? I see a lot of that suggested but I haven't really wrapped my head around the visual hook. Is it like.. you paint her half white and half black? Like a ying yang theme? How would you distinguish it from the base, especially on Diana? I mean, I can mess around with the idea, but I am interested in what comes to mind in terms of imagery when people suggest it. I'm genuinely curious!

Well, the idea of an eclipse in relation to the champion of the sun... I almost associate it with being Leona's "dark side." The sun is protection, warmth, and guidance, but the eclipse is something unusual, something that is not those things. Unlike the moon, which is also a regular fixture in our lives, the eclipse is rare. I can see an Eclipse Leona skin as a darker side of the sun's power. Eclipse Leona is fiercer, more warlike; she looks less like a protector. She becomes a dark knight (yes, sort of like Batman). Protection becomes action. Warmth becomes fury. Guidance becomes drive. It's during the eclipse when Leona would most resemble Diana, because the two overlap.

kirby145x

04-04-2013

The black against orange is too harsh for me. And the helmet doesn't seem to let her see?

The armor design is nice though. It's the colors that make me uncomfortable.

Krynul

04-05-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:

For Leona I would imagine something severe is happening if the sun is eclipsed. She should look fierce, possibly ragged, possibly prepared for some ancient battle that has been prophesied. I imagine she should be anti-eclipse and is named Eclipse Leona because she is wearing armor designed for use in this horrible situation. Perhaps orbs of solar energy inside the armor so that the sun's glory can shine even on that dark day.

On the otherhand I see Solar Eclipse Diana using the eclipse to strike back at the Solari. She should give off the sense of cruelty or mockery, perhaps even some way to denote that she herself caused this problem. Perhaps a symbol of an eclipse on her armor to display her role in the disaster. I imagine the Diana skin in particular would look much different since she'd be going form a moon theme to a "lack of sun" theme. Dim browns and golds would be visually far different from the blues and purples of the moon. If we're talking a Lunar Eclipse Diana I'm not sure how that would look beyond equal and opposite suggestions of Solar Eclipse Leona. She's already in dark colors, making them darker would be hard to distinguish.