Halp, new PC restarts 3 seconds after reaching Windows 7 startup logo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poseidon

02-22-2013

See if you can get into Safe Mode. Press f8 while the PC is starting up until you get to a black screen with options to get into Safe Mode. If you can, you can repair windows 7 inside the OS, which will just overwrite the system files.

Abroad Unicorn

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
People are getting me mistaken.

It's not failing to load a screen at all(indication of a RAM problem)

It runs through ALL the POST screen section, then the part where the windows 7 logo is supposed to float in to the screen, it stops and restarts 2 seconds later.
Sounds like a corrupt windows install to me. Just a suggestion that might help, go into your BIO's and disable all of the SATA ports that aren't currently being used. Make sure all of your RAM is being detected, and run windows repair if you really don't want to try a re-installation. After doing all of that, switch the port your HD is hooked up to and test all of the SATA ports.

SlVIR

02-22-2013

its a virus prob

tempname950

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
its a virus prob
Nope. Worked fine in old PC, now doesn't work in new one. I have a feeling it's something between the Bios and HDD.

8 Bit Legit

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
Is the drive set to IDE and not AHCI in the bios? I assume you didn't get an SSD still. Can it boot up into safe mode? Perhaps the RAM is bad (try Memtest86+, need to put on a CD or flash drive to run it). Something on the CD such as boot sector is damaged or destroyed (use Windows CD to try and repair it). A bad option/setting in bios, perhaps. These are a few things to consider and use that information on google to figure out rest. Would help more but going to sleep. Luck.
This was my first thought. Very first line.

Moonthrower

02-22-2013

I'm guessing your power supply is the problem...

Also, i've been told by very experienced computer builders to NEVER NEVER NEVER reuse an old PSU. It's the fastest, easiest way to fry your new components.

TheBadness

02-22-2013

you did re-install windows fresh when you installed the hdd on the new machine right?

If so, go into bios and switch your hard drive from sata to legacy. See if that works.

Meatcarnage

02-22-2013

Call India.

MoooveZiiig

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
Just put a new PC together, and it seems to start up fine. I'm using the same HDD I just pulled out of my now former PC, which was working JUST fine an hour ago.

I can't really troubleshoot everything I just connected, as the only parts I'm using from my now 'former' pc are my PSU and HDD.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be? I'm making it past POST so it's not my RAM, and it seems to have something to do with windows files when it tries to start loading them. My HDD SEEMS to be connected just fine.

What can I do?
Wait.

Did you just transfer your system HDD from one rig to the other without formatting?

Of course Windows won't load. It tries to recognise your hardware and start drivers, and then just fails. You have to completely reinstall Windows.

Belgannan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

If you didn't re-install windows when you built your new rig its probably a driver issue. I would just start over, and create a fresh image.