Rotated Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daenour

02-21-2013

Greetings, Fellow Summoners and Riot.
I would like to bring forward an idea,
as the current set up has given me grief for a while now.
I openly hate being on the Purple team during PvP matches due to the restriction of what you can see on your screen,
on the Blue team what you are able to see on your screen is much greater than purple because your UI covers up vital screen.
hence, i have come up with the idea of the entire map being flipped for the convenience of the people playing on purple.
here is how my idea works.
the entire map is flipped over for the purple team, so that on their screen their base is positioned where the blue teams would be, and the blue team's is where their's should be,
so that both teams have the perspective of the map that blue team would have.
therefore allowing both teams the same visibility.
for suspecting matches it would be as it always has been, because the person viewing doesn't need the same amount of view that the player does, and it would just create confusion with the map constantly flipping depending on which team they were following.

Below is the mini-map representation of what I mean.

Arcticfury

02-22-2013

This is needed.

DawnStrider371

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenour View Post
I openly hate being on the Purple team during PvP matches due to the restriction of what you can see on your screen,
on the Blue team what you are able to see on your screen is much greater than purple because your UI covers up vital screen.
You play with the camera locked, don't you?

Darkest Anubis

02-24-2013

I haven't any issues.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

This would require a fully 3-Dimensional map and champion system, in which all graphics are calculated in real-time, much like any computer graphics intensive game. The fact the game is displayed mostly in 2D is precisely how Riot can enable users with very terrible PCs to even play the game. This idea, which has been around since the game's initial beta, has not be enacted for this very reason.

FlippantFox

02-25-2013

Riot's responded to the map rotation idea many, many times now.

Basically the gist of it is:

1. The map isn't perfectly symmetrical, and many objects are placed for better visibility from the primary angle.
2. Rotating the map swaps the positions of both primary and secondary map objectives, possibly causing more confusion than it solves.
3. The game engine would requite significant rework to be able to support map rotation.

Tsunder

09-19-2013

That's pretty much a big fat excuse for not wanting to do it. This video shows an app someone made to unlock your camera rotation. It's basically the same thing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pEqRFZu...%3DpEqRFZuWgKE