Life is boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HetairoiAthenas

02-22-2013

People in NYC and Florida are extremely nice. You're dumb.

Gringo

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetairoiAthenas View Post
People in NYC and Florida are extremely nice. You're dumb.
Sorry, I think you forget that I don't live there.

Also, I didn't realise they were like that. Just a common misconception.. sorry. :s

My Face Is OP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

The most dangerous places in CA (specifically SF) you would never realize they are dangerous and probably wouldn't after visiting them several times.Places like the Asian districts.

Most places that people said are dangerous aren't dangerous. There are just some places you won't belong. Most of these places have people looking out for people that don't belong as a security measure. They'll ask you what your business is there and if you don't belong there, they'll send you away. No big deal.

I do recommend if you go to CA, to stay out of Oakland until you get used to things and understand how to keep yourself safe and the signs of "danger" and how to deal with them.

stillnotCampir

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Riven NA View Post
You ever sit there on a lonely Saturday night and think, what am I doing with my life?

It's the same routine everyday, you wake up. You eat, you either go to work or school. You stay there for 6 hours, even longer if you work. You go home and eat, you shower. You go to sleep because you're exhausted.

And this is just a vicious cycle that repeats, until you realise you want to do something to spice up your life.

I was sitting here the other day, and I saw an advertisement on the TV, to visit California.
I decided, "I'm going to go there, I'm going to do something exciting in my life for once."

I've never been outside my home country of Australia. I don't know what the outside world is.
Australia is a large rock with nobody in it. There's no large areas to enjoy. There's no Disneyland, Statue of Liberty, or even snow.

There's nothing here, and you'd think with an economy like ours we'd be expanding even bigger than most countries.
But we're not.

I'm thinking of visiting LA, and San Francisco.
I know all the pro's and cons, I know the bad things. I'm prepared to see homeless people, gangs and hipsters just even to get a glimpse of a more exciting world.

So, if you want to do something exciting in your life, chase it. Don't sit around.

Okay, if you're planning to "escape" from Australia, the US is probably one of the worst places to go. There's really no culture there, just a lot of fat white people. If you INSIST on going to the US, go to one of their real cities, like New York or Chicago. California is for pussies and mexicans.

As for other more interesting travel suggestions, you can tour massive cities like Tokyo, Cairo, Prague, etc. I guarantee it will be far more exciting than SoCal unless you're a pleb.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetairoiAthenas View Post
California is the worst place NA, except for Mexico.

You're a foreigner though, so your ignorance is excused.
How so

according to 2010 data the worst place is
DC with 1,330 Violent crimes per 100,000
Followed by Nevada 660.6
Alaska 638.8
Florida 542.4
Texas 450.3
California had 440.6
http://www.infoplease.com/us/statist...ate-state.html

A larger city will of course have more crimes, but I think the impression of danger may be due to population size.

Dar WINNING ism

02-23-2013

Quote:
It's the curious words of an outsider.

Although, that's just a common stereotype, and I realise it's a joke but honestly.

You'll never see a Kangaroo unless you go out far into the hot country area.
And alligators? What are they?
I'm assuming you're a southerner, as roos as common here in QLD. Go to any large town and drive in any direction for 10 minutes or so and there's a good chance you will see some.

As for alligators, they're like miniature baby crocodiles that only yanks are scared of.

stillnotCampir

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
How so

Followed by Nevada 660.6
Alaska 638.8
Florida 542.4
Texas 450.3
California had 440.6

A larger city will of course have more crimes, but I think the impression of danger may be due to population size.
I don't think he was referring to crime rate. Middleofbuttfucknowhere probably has a lower crime rate than NYC, but NYC is still better to live in.

HetairoiAthenas

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
How so

Followed by Nevada 660.6
Alaska 638.8
Florida 542.4
Texas 450.3
California had 440.6

You are extremely stupid.

WhoopsiGoldburg

02-23-2013

Quote:

I'm thinking of visiting LA, and San Francisco.
I know all the pro's and cons, I know the bad things. I'm prepared to see homeless people, gangs and hipsters just even to get a glimpse of a more exciting world.

So Australia doesn't have transients, people with drug problems and gang problems anywhere in the country?

lololol don't listen to any of these house cats, who live out in the suburbs of some city stay inside all day and watch all the violent crime on the news. I've been to socal plenty of times, it's fine especially in the areas reserved for tourists essentially, If your in L.A just don't stray to far off the beaten path. Thugs will not stop to check you on hollywood blvd and around universal studios lmao, they will most likely not check you anywhere unless you somehow stumble into a deep east l.a hood.

Regardless of that I don't care for southern california, I would definitively reccommend checking out San Francisco, I find it infinitely more pleasant than L.A as a tourist destination just for the simple fact in relative to size SF feels cozy and spacious compared to that city.

I'd also recommend heading farther north out into the redwood forests which I find nicer than any place in the bay area, Do your own research on that if you really want to as I've only been up to eureka once, if you decide to go that far north stay the **** out of redding.

Gringo

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Face Is OP View Post
The most dangerous places in CA (specifically SF) you would never realize they are dangerous and probably wouldn't after visiting them several times.Places like the Asian districts.

Most places that people said are dangerous aren't dangerous. There are just some places you won't belong. Most of these places have people looking out for people that don't belong as a security measure. They'll ask you what your business is there and if you don't belong there, they'll send you away. No big deal.

I do recommend if you go to CA, to stay out of Oakland until you get used to things and understand how to keep yourself safe and the signs of "danger" and how to deal with them.
Thanks! Very informative. I've heard bad things about Oakland, real high crime area apparently.

And yeah, you guys keep telling me the cons about CA, and they all seem true. So, CA doesn't look all that good anymore, but curiousity never hurt anyone!

Thanks again.