Life is boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

Senior Member

02-21-2013

You ever sit there on a lonely Saturday night and think, what am I doing with my life?

It's the same routine everyday, you wake up. You eat, you either go to work or school. You stay there for 6 hours, even longer if you work. You go home and eat, you shower. You go to sleep because you're exhausted.

And this is just a vicious cycle that repeats, until you realise you want to do something to spice up your life.

I was sitting here the other day, and I saw an advertisement on the TV, to visit California.
I decided, "I'm going to go there, I'm going to do something exciting in my life for once."

I've never been outside my home country of Australia. I don't know what the outside world is.
Australia is a large rock with nobody in it. There's no large areas to enjoy. There's no Disneyland, Statue of Liberty, or even snow.

There's nothing here, and you'd think with an economy like ours we'd be expanding even bigger than most countries.
But we're not.

I'm thinking of visiting LA, and San Francisco.
I know all the pro's and cons, I know the bad things. I'm prepared to see homeless people, gangs and hipsters just even to get a glimpse of a more exciting world.

So, if you want to do something exciting in your life, chase it. Don't sit around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiIl Smith

Member

02-21-2013

I thought you guy wrestled alligators and boxed kangaroos in australia


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leona x Quinn

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Why must you remind me that my life isn't very enjoyable right now.....

Attachment 621258


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbabIyTerribad

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Riven NA View Post
You ever sit there on a lonely Saturday night and think, what am I doing with my life?

It's the same routine everyday, you wake up. You eat, you either go to work or school. You stay there for 6 hours, even longer if you work. You go home and eat, you shower. You go to sleep because you're exhausted.

And this is just a vicious cycle that repeats, until you realise you want to do something to spice up your life.

I was sitting here the other day, and I saw an advertisement on the TV, to visit California.
I decided, "I'm going to go there, I'm going to do something exciting in my life for once."

I've never been outside my home country of Australia. I don't know what the outside world is.
Australia is a large rock with nobody in it. There's no large areas to enjoy. There's no Disneyland, Statue of Liberty, or even snow.

There's nothing here, and you'd think with an economy like ours we'd be expanding even bigger than most countries.
But we're not.

I'm thinking of visiting LA, and San Francisco.
I know all the pro's and cons, I know the bad things. I'm prepared to see homeless people, gangs and hipsters just even to get a glimpse of a more exciting world.

So, if you want to do something exciting in your life, chase it. Don't sit around.

Seeings hipsters really isn't as bad an ordeal as you make it out to be :x

But I wish you luck with your journey. LA is lame though. Too crowded. Stick to San Fran. Still crowded, but it's a more naturally-beautiful city, and the people tend to be a lot less uptight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexkitty420 View Post
Seeings hipsters really isn't as bad an ordeal as you make it out to be :x

But I wish you luck with your journey. LA is lame though. Too crowded. Stick to San Fran. Still crowded, but it's a more naturally-beautiful city, and the people tend to be a lot less uptight.
In Australia, there is literally no danger.
Some suburbs in every city of course have some dangerous people, but I can walk around the streets at 3AM and people who are up will wave to you.

I never see homeless people, ever. I've seen probably 1. In the city of LA, there's apparently heaps. It's just a fear thing I have, as it will be seriously outside of my comfort zone.

And thank you very much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiIl Smith View Post
I thought you guy wrestled alligators and boxed kangaroos in australia
It's the curious words of an outsider.

Although, that's just a common stereotype, and I realise it's a joke but honestly.

You'll never see a Kangaroo unless you go out far into the hot country area.
And alligators? What are they?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbabIyTerribad

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Riven NA View Post
In Australia, there is literally no danger.
Some suburbs in every city of course have some dangerous people, but I can walk around the streets at 3AM and people who are up will wave to you.

I never see homeless people, ever. I've seen probably 1. In the city of LA, there's apparently heaps. It's just a fear thing I have, as it will be seriously outside of my comfort zone.

And thank you very much.
Haha, I get that seeing homeless people is weird. Even for me living in California it's weird. They're quite rare around where I live, but go to San Fran and chances are you'll see a lot of them. They're more or less harmless, but it's still kind of disturbing to see them sitting begging on a street corner.

Hipsters aren't homeless people though. They're just upper-class white people who wear weird clothes and take pictures of their coffees.

As for cultural differences, you mentioned how people will wave to you in Australia at any hour of the night or morning. Around here, people hardly wave at any time of day. When two people pass on the street, chances are they won't greet each other. Honestly, it makes me pretty sad. I'll say hello to someone or simply smile, and about half of the time they don't even make eye contact- just walk on by with a glare.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrsaMinor

Senior Member

02-21-2013

So you're willing to go from a friendly, homely place to a dangerous, hateful, mexican-american sh*thole. Instead of people waving, cholo-thugs stare you down with their homies. If they decide you look at them funny, they'll give you problems (depending on your skin color of course).

I'd recommend staying away from So Cal. Although Nor Cal sounds like where you live (Nice and mellow). So idk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbabIyTerribad

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Nor Cal is better than So Cal for sure. I wouldn't recommend that anyone go down there.

Nor Cal is still probably a lot less friendly than Australia though. We get our fair share of "thugs" and *******s.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gringo

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexkitty420 View Post
Haha, I get that seeing homeless people is weird. Even for me living in California it's weird. They're quite rare around where I live, but go to San Fran and chances are you'll see a lot of them. They're more or less harmless, but it's still kind of disturbing to see them sitting begging on a street corner.

Hipsters aren't homeless people though. They're just upper-class white people who wear weird clothes and take pictures of their coffees.

As for cultural differences, you mentioned how people will wave to you in Australia at any hour of the night or morning. Around here, people hardly wave at any time of day. When two people pass on the street, chances are they won't greet each other. Honestly, it makes me pretty sad. I'll say hello to someone or simply smile, and about half of the time they don't even make eye contact- just walk on by with a glare.
It's just sad. I'd like for you guys to live like us, we honestly live like kings. We don't have the glamorous big buildings, (only in the major cities). I live in a great big house, 3 cars etc.
But enough gloating..

And in that case, Hipsters are here too. They must be everywhere here.

Yeah, Australian people are EXTREMELY friendly. There are some in Dandenong, (a suburb near me) who are just full of thugs and people on the dole (payment from the government)

Anyway, it just seems like an exciting thing. Stepping outside my comfort zone.. It's something I need to do.