Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked Placement Matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niek

02-21-2013

First off, I just hit level 30! Woohoo! *does dance*

Secondly, what happens now? Once upon a time, I was told that I would do 10 placement matches to determine where I fit into in ranked. If I win 8-10 matches, I will be put into gold. if I win 6-8 matches, I will be silver. If I win 6 or below, I will be bronze. Is this correct?

Also, in these placement matches, what level of player will I be up against? Will I play against people with a similar win/loss ratio? Or will I be placed against people of all ratios? Does that go the same way for the team I play on?

angryWelchMan

02-21-2013

First I would advise you play more before you start ranked (Until you are comfortable with 3+ champions in 3+ roles and really know then ins and outs of playing)

Second I went 7-3 and still got bronze so some of it is look and which ones you win and lose

you'll get a range probably starting with higher bronze people (depending on whose on and your win/loss) and then getting higher people the more and better you win.

Niek

02-21-2013

I was definitely planning on upping my skill before jumping into ranked. When I started this game as a wee baby, my IRL friends put it into my head that PVP was a terrifying experience, so I leveled 23 levels on almost entirely bot games. If I jumped into ranked now, I would definitely get rofl-owned. But as level 30, I was interested to know the mechanics of the placement matches.