League of WARMOGS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Pässion

Member

02-27-2013

Heart of Tarrasque- from dota2

Total cost 5500

Restores a percentage of max health per second.

This ability is disabled if damage is taken from an enemy Hero or Roshan within the last 4 seconds if your hero is melee or 6 seconds if your hero is ranged.

Health Restored per Second: 2%

harder to get in dota2, strong item but costs alot, increase warmog price to 4k and give it slights buff and then remove teemo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pässion View Post
Heart of Tarrasque- from dota2

Total cost 5500

Restores a percentage of max health per second.

This ability is disabled if damage is taken from an enemy Hero or Roshan within the last 4 seconds if your hero is melee or 6 seconds if your hero is ranged.

Health Restored per Second: 2%

harder to get in dota2, strong item but costs alot, increase warmog price to 4k and give it slights buff and then remove teemo
Irelia looks like she could use a nerf too.

OT: LoL could learn a lot from Icefrogs balancing. Just look at how he balances Melee vs Ranged: Poor Man's/Stout Shield, Basher/MKB, Manta Style Illusions, Vlad's, and denied creeps gives 1/3 XP to Melee vs 0 XP to ranged.

As much as I like DotA, comparing items directly has problems. Farming is hard, but more rewarding. You can get a lot of gold very fast if you are an efficient farmer. Also keep in mind that HoT gives a huge 40 attack damage to Strength heroes in addition to all those bonuses listed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauvagess

Senior Member

02-27-2013

If you ask me, the passive on Warmog's should work like Randuin's Omen. The more Armor/M.Resist you have, the higher your health regen percentage. That way it'd fix the issue they've been having of making Warmog's cater to tanks instead of bruisers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LexanLifau

Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Koopa View Post
If you ask me, the passive on Warmog's should work like Randuin's Omen. The more Armor/M.Resist you have, the higher your health regen percentage. That way it'd fix the issue they've been having of making Warmog's cater to tanks instead of bruisers.
Now there is a way to go, but the 'more' ur talking about should not exceed where its already at. Although bruisers tend to get GA so that backfires there already kinda, theres that and the aura from Runic Bulwark and then Tarics Passive. Then theres garen, and as such. Ur idea may work, who knows. Id like to see what other people think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerfest

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestJohn View Post
I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but why is it that the only item worth getting as a tank is warmogs. HP has phased out resists COMPLETELY. like for real, completely phased out just stack hp it makes you WAY tankier. it's so good that adcs are getting it, the most massive hp item in the game and adc's are getting it as their second items and still wrecking. You need to either nerf warmogs or make getting resists better, it is just a waste of time to turn your giants belt into sunfire, when you can just get warmogs and be like 4 times more tanky it's broken as ****. Riot HAS to see how blatantly broken this item is
Warmogs is only broken for the top 1% of players who average 100+ cs every 10 minutes. A ten minute warmogs is far far more potent than a 15 or 20 minute warmogs.

Most players average 50-70cs per 10 minutes. The longer it takes you to build health items, the less impact they make.

Warmogs is being nerfed / balanced at the pro level. Soon it will be a noob trap for the rest of us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Negrojefe

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pässion View Post
Heart of Tarrasque- from dota2

Total cost 5500

Restores a percentage of max health per second.

This ability is disabled if damage is taken from an enemy Hero or Roshan within the last 4 seconds if your hero is melee or 6 seconds if your hero is ranged.

Health Restored per Second: 2%

harder to get in dota2, strong item but costs alot, increase warmog price to 4k and give it slights buff and then remove teemo
This is not Dota.

Dota is a game designed so teamfights last 5 seconds at most, with offensive items being so much more powerfull than defensive ones.

In LoL, teamfights last enough so those of us that hate the Dota model can enjoy the game.

Again, Warmog is not the problem, its fine, its even less powerful than S2 one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrojefe View Post
This is not Dota.

Dota is a game designed so teamfights last 5 seconds at most, with offensive items being so much more powerfull than defensive ones.

In LoL, teamfights last enough so those of us that hate the Dota model can enjoy the game.

Again, Warmog is not the problem, its fine, its even less powerful than S2 one.
Being required to stack HP or dying in two seconds to scaling burst damage is sooooo enjoyable. Having gap closers on 50% of the hero pool and being pigeon holed into taking flash as one of your two summoner spells is also pretty amazing too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

subaku

Junior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestJohn View Post
I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but why is it that the only item worth getting as a tank is warmogs. HP has phased out resists COMPLETELY. like for real, completely phased out just stack hp it makes you WAY tankier. it's so good that adcs are getting it, the most massive hp item in the game and adc's are getting it as their second items and still wrecking. You need to either nerf warmogs or make getting resists better, it is just a waste of time to turn your giants belt into sunfire, when you can just get warmogs and be like 4 times more tanky it's broken as ****. Riot HAS to see how blatantly broken this item is
I agree with this to a point. Health is currently really really good and it certainly has become the new meta. But, there are ways to deal with it though not a terrible amount for us poor adc's.
Champions that are "high" burst mages and items such as BotRK really do shred them down. For me personally I've found a new fondness for playing Varus as adc because his kit it build for high health champions and it's a lot of fun.

My point is yes I agree they need to nerf the health stacking a tad bit, but also make sure there are always good viable ways to chunk it away if they choose not to build resist items. Maybe more items that focus on both? Some health and resist?