League of WARMOGS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiggestJohn

Member

02-21-2013

I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but why is it that the only item worth getting as a tank is warmogs. HP has phased out resists COMPLETELY. like for real, completely phased out just stack hp it makes you WAY tankier. it's so good that adcs are getting it, the most massive hp item in the game and adc's are getting it as their second items and still wrecking. You need to either nerf warmogs or make getting resists better, it is just a waste of time to turn your giants belt into sunfire, when you can just get warmogs and be like 4 times more tanky it's broken as ****. Riot HAS to see how blatantly broken this item is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpartanJanitor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

02-21-2013

As much as it pains me to admit it, you have a very valid point. Many assassins are doing exactly the same thing and becoming high-damage output bruisers instead. It's actually depressing that it's boiled down to Warmogs on everything. I admit, I tried doing it with Akali and I could run into a team by myself and kill 2-3 before dropping.

Riot needs to reconsider resists as well as how effective health by itself can be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexinus

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestJohn View Post
HP has phased out resists COMPLETELY.

You obviously haven't learned your lesson from stacking health against Elise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnFeedable

Senior Member

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinus View Post
You obviously haven't learned your lesson from stacking health against Elise.
Not just Elise, There's quite a number of champs who can do well with HP based damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Any time an assassin needs to buy a tank item just to reasonably compete,.....I think the issue is that health stacking has no counter play more than anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Even before the armor penetration changes, most heroes would build HP before Armor/MR because Armor/MR didn't raise your effective HP enough until you already had a sizable HP pool.

The other indirect problem is that a deep HP pool is a counter to high burst, and burst scales so well early on and so easily with few items that you are basically required to HP stack to survive long enough to DPS.

As Ashe I can honestly say I've won duels against APs simply because I got a Warmogs and could survive their initial burst and kill them before their CDs came up. It's just very stupid that you need to get HP in order to function as an ADC at any phase of the game. ADCs are basically required to do this because BKB doesn't exist. If you can't block the damage long enough to do your job then you have to tank it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Warmogs isnt the problem, Armor penetration and Magic penetration is the problem, its so easy to get them that it makes buying Armor and MR pointless, well its not completely pointless it does help a lot but not as much as it should, its not Warmogs thats causing this, Warmogs was actually nerfed believe it or not.

Small example, they remove FoN, increase MR cost, buff Magic Penetration and make it cheaper as well, give Warmogs a little more HP as well as lower the cost, make %HP items do high damage to high HP targets, see whats happened?

Warmogs is actually very easy to counter, there are items that deal %HP damage and its incredible how much they actually do to to champions with high HP.

I did a 1v1 with my friend and we were both Garen, he stacked Warmogs i think he had about 4 of them, basically 6k hp or more i dont remember exactly, when i didnt have Blade of the Ruined King the fight was taking so long, our hp was barely going down at all, but then the next time i went back i bought Blade of the Ruined King and guess what, i shredded his HP so fast and i was still at about 70%HP when i killed him, the fight was over very quickly.

Lots of people are ignoring the items that counter HP stacking and they just complain about Warmogs being OP, take a look at all the items in the store and you will see that Warmogs isnt as great as it seems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
Warmogs isnt the problem, Armor penetration and Magic penetration is the problem, its so easy to get them that it makes buying Armor and MR pointless, well its not completely pointless it does help a lot but not as much as it should, its not Warmogs thats causing this, Warmogs was actually nerfed believe it or not.

Small example, they remove FoN, increase MR cost, buff Magic Penetration and make it cheaper as well, give Warmogs a little more HP as well as lower the cost, make %HP items do high damage to high HP targets, see whats happened?

Warmogs is actually very easy to counter, there are items that deal %HP damage and its incredible how much they actually do to to champions with high HP.

I did a 1v1 with my friend and we were both Garen, he stacked Warmogs i think he had about 4 of them, basically 6k hp or more i dont remember exactly, when i didnt have Blade of the Ruined King the fight was taking so long, our hp was barely going down at all, but then the next time i went back i bought Blade of the Ruined King and guess what, i shredded his HP so fast and i was still at about 70%HP when i killed him, the fight was over very quickly.

Lots of people are ignoring the items that counter HP stacking and they just complain about Warmogs being OP, take a look at all the items in the store and you will see that Warmogs isnt as great as it seems.
I don't think you fully understand the problem. Armor and Magic Resist are the problem, but not because Penetration is too easy obtain. The problem is that Void Staff, Last Whisper and Black Cleaver mitigate %'s of Armor/MR before flat penetrations are even applied. This alone make Armor really impractical to stack. There really aren't that many flat penetration options. If the % based items didn't exist then the amount of penetration you'd be able to get with runes and all items would be laughable compared to the armor/mr someone could stack.

No one stacks Warmog's. If someone is building only Warmog's then they will be completely ignorable in a fight. Getting one Warmog's and Randuin's/Sunfire/Rylai's combined with damage items is what makes Tanky DPS threatening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhengorne

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Nerf he health regen to 1%, nerf the HP gained to 850. done

Also if we could amend Liandras and Blade of the Ruined King to this:

Their normal % damage + 1/2% per 1000hp the target has.

So on health stackers that have about 4000hp ur doing 7% on botrk or 8-16% on Liandras.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamDuddits

Senior Member

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhengorne View Post
Nerf he health regen to 1%, nerf the HP gained to 850. done

Also if we could amend Liandras and Blade of the Ruined King to this:

Their normal % damage + 1/2% per 1000hp the target has.

So on health stackers that have about 4000hp ur doing 7% on botrk or 8-16% on Liandras.
You are missing the point... It's not Warmog's. People will usually get 2 Giants Belts before turning either into a Warmog's (Tanky) or will just get one Giant's belt and finish the Warmog's later (any one else). Giant's Belt gives a substantial portion of the HP that Warmog''s gives for a fraction of the cost and people generally build Warmog's for the flat HP and not the HP regen.