Solo queue, impossible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ocknon

02-21-2013

I've been playing a fair bit of league the past month or so. I got to level 30 and am a decent player. I tried to rank and every game I have done great in my lane, generally pushing and winning it (only lost my lane once in 11 games) and then I start to realize that my entire team, or just bot lane fails horribly (I generally play top with Jayce). So when it gets to team-fights we lose, I get focused immediately and the team collapses. Happened with about 7 games (played 11). Now I'm not saying I'm a pro player but I do know for a FACT that I am NOT a bronze division 3 player, I have gone into a fight 1v5 and got a triple kill, then my team went in and died while under their own tower to 2 people....(I even killed the AP burst, lux, and their ADC (I forgot). HOW!?!?! I can't seems to get placed into a division with people my level because I can't carry that hard, it's impossible.

SHMEEPS phd

02-21-2013

I hit lv 30 about a month ago. I was placed in bronze 3 when the division system rolled out. I moved up to silver 5 within 3 days.

The fact is, if you're still in bronze 3, you're a bronze 3 player. You are going to have to carry some games if you want to climb out. We all get trolled or get stuck with bad players, but so does the enemy team. So as long as you're doing you job well, you will move up.

Stop thinking about why other people are holding you down, and start thinking about what you can do to improve.

MurderingMason

02-21-2013

I would like to add you then.... My name in game is MurderingMason and well maybe we can combine our skills I'm very good my self.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

If you've just hit level 30, you are probably just a bronze player. There is more to this game than kills. Playing 11 games is nothing... play at least 50 and you will hit roughly your division/rating.

SHMEEPS phd

02-21-2013

^ Duo-queuing is another great way to move up.

Ocknon

02-21-2013

One of the best ways to learn a game is to lose a game, I've lost a bit and the only thing I've learned is that maybe I should play ADC or some sort of hyper carry cause every time I play I win top, then lose due to team fights :C. I'll try this ADC thing but I'll need to practice it, kinda bad with kog'maw. Thanks though.

Ocknon

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
If you've just hit level 30, you are probably just a bronze player. There is more to this game than kills. Playing 11 games is nothing... play at least 50 and you will hit roughly your division/rating.
Kills may mean nothing, but I have USUALLY the most cs, the most kills (sometimes, had a good kat in one of my games) and the best game sense on my team, I have to call when to do drag, and when to push mid and anything, I have to lead it's just people don't understand something. Now I', not trying to blame EVERYTHING on other players, I have made some mistakes myself, I have learned from them though.

Ocknon

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMoldy13 View Post
^ Duo-queuing is another great way to move up.
Once duo queued with a friend, lost all 4 games, we did the most damage of both teams...

CaspaLegend

02-22-2013

Ya sounds like you haven't played a lot of games at all man. You need a lot more experience before you can start calling the ranking system flawed.

I'm in a similar spot as you. I'm bronze III, and really had to bust my butt to get there. Thought it was impossible to get out IV. But if you feel like the bot lane keeps on throwing the games, then you gotta learn how to play bot. Can't depend on going Jayce top every game. A good player will let the less skilled people on your team, play the spots they're best at. If you gotta fill to win, then do it. That's how you win.

MiniFobe

02-22-2013

There is alot of luck to do with it. Iv played 4000 games normals total of about 400 ranked all together 250 this season and im still stuck in bronze. Every time i start pulling ahead just about make it to silver i start getting crappy players. players that troll cuz they dont get there mid so 2 people go suport bot with smite and revive. People afking like 4 games in a row its redic. The fact is, the system doesnt work!!! Something they should add that would work is, the system DOTA has. people dont like u they can vote kick u. ur stats are open up to everyone to see dureing champ picks. if ur a bad player u should be kicked and it will teach u not to ***** dureing ur games and practice before ranking.