Obnoxious Akali bug (Dominion bugs on the bug forum wouldn't get me anywhere) @Nome

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyKracka View Post
Nice name.
It's from GGx

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

02-22-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Thanks for being awesome Nome.
We know you are working on a Kassadin solution, and we know we are impatient. Any sort of update you could possibly give is always appreciated!

Thanks.
Tech backlog.

Tortferngatr

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Tech backlog.
...What do you mean by this?

godmarck

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
He means he has some sort of delay with his work.

Also the OP meant that Akali CAN recall while on her shroud in SR, but it doesnt turn her invisible, AKA, she recalls under her shroud and u can see her normally.

It seems on DOMINION she goes invi, which is what Im going to try in dom when I get back from work

DiscworldDeath

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
I think Nome's post is an update on the Akali bug, not the question asked about Kassadin.

It means the bug comes from what is called "Tech Debt", where some shortcut/specific solution was used originally, somewhere in the code, and now to resolve it they need to rework that whole area. These things often take longer to resolve. Search Whattayabrian's posts on the issue.

Alternatively, it IS an answer about Kass, and means they're busy solving tech debt issues that are more pressing at this time. A red post from a couple of days ago told us for instance that they reduced Tryndamere's unit collision radius, to help him not get creep-blocked, which wasn't in the 3.02 patch notes.
That's not exactly technology debt, but might be what people are working on, and that the Kass solution they're working on requires solving tech debt issues as well.

AK47WOLF

02-23-2013

I would also like to report a bug with Dominion.

It is unplayable with a meta that consists of specific champions rather than specific roles. A handful of champions make the game impossibly unfun to play, and make it impossible to win.

I would post this on the bug report forum but no one looks there.

Garo Fury

02-23-2013

I am confused about the akaline bug. Are you saying if you run into her bubble with a sunfire cape her recall won't be interrupted?

KaWraith

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I think Nome's post is an update on the Akali bug, not the question asked about Kassadin.
I'm pretty sure its about kassadin, since he specifically responded to my post, (Thanks Nome!) which was essentially not about akali at all (it was mostly to to say, "hey look at how fast Nome responds to community input, that's because he is awesome, and really does care" or at least when he isn't tied up by Riot's internal red tape and gag policies... they are a necessary evil, and annoying but not his fault)

I imagine that Riot's technical team has much more important issues on the front burner than fixing kassadin for us... we are a puny sized community to Riot, and Nome's concerns are thus not top priorities unless he can piggyback onto an SR fix in progress (like with BFT and BC).

While I'm tired of Dominion getting the red-headed step-child treatment... I do think it's important to notice and appreciate Nome for the things he can and does do, and the fact that he is fairly on top of getting our concerns kicked up to the right people to deal with them (whether or not they get prioritized and fixed in a timely fashion). Nome ends up taking the brunt of our frustrations for things beyond his control, so I like to make sure to remember to show our appreciation for the fact that he is doing his job.

IronAegis

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Tech backlog.
So level with us, Nome, Dominion gets tech ticket number 938598345938 for issues...doesn't it...

Malah

02-23-2013

I'm pretty sure that his job is more valuable than answering that, along with every other "why does the rest of Riot ignore us" question we ask, as if we don't already know the answer..

Take what he can actually do for us and be happy because we're not going to get anything else out of him. =\