Which MID counters akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anon8755

02-23-2013

leeSin

Mirrimax

02-23-2013

How about when your landing against akali don't engage and just last hit, she is easy to deal with pink ward or walk away from here smoke screen, I still don't get how players don't get that, she throws that on the ground why not just walk away? When people chose not to walk away she gets fed and then come the whining about how she is op but in reality you just suck and fed her.

laxjoh

02-23-2013

Lee Sin, Mordekaiser, Diana and Rumble. If you are top, there are many top champs that can counter you too like Garen and Darius. Also, pre 6, if you are good, any champ that can shut down Akali from snowballing via CS or early kills. Sure Akali counters many AP champs but she can also lose to just about every AP champ mid if you play the early game right. Once she becomes level 6, all you need to do is NOT die and you pretty much won. If she's ganking, you better follow her and focus her down before she gets a triple kill bot lane. Pink wards/oracles also really help. Any form of CC shuts her down as well. Specifically snare/stuns.

TheMisterAce

02-23-2013

Farmkaiser owns Akali in all phases of the game. Akali uses shroud? You use SoD(omy) on her. Easy win, she can't even break your shield if you're good enough in your positioning. You out-damage, out-farm, and crush more dreams with Mordekaiser.

Demacry

02-23-2013

Akali is hard countered by just about any form of cc short of blind and short knockbacks. Some like kassadin and malz can straight crush her in a 1v1 but most of the champs like ahri, morgana and brand, who have skillshot based, single target cc can beat her with proper play. Akali's biggest weakness is that she has to get into melee range. If your opponent is smart enough to wait for this someone like the three previously mentioned can blow their full kit on you and win the trade (if not outright kill you). It's a pretty much one giant skill matchup and the better player will win.

Nakawaka

02-23-2013

Akali is technically easy. What is hard about her is that she is judgement hard. This means knowing what it means to play passive-aggressive and anticipating what your opponent will do and not baiting yourself into thinking you had the lane easy once you hit 6.

Quote:
Lee Sin
Might seem like a joke to go mid with him, but seriously if there ever was an Akali counter...this would be it. Want vision? Np. She's getting away? Oh look, I had a q on you. Oh, and let's just make it easy for my team to kill you with ult. Better hope you can jump away and heal fast enough. Seriously though, he's usually too bulky to take down 1v1 and the vision hurts a lot. Plus he's better pre-6 than you unless he sucks.
Even if you're good, going against Lee sin is a waste of time. You can't roam if he's mid or top with you because until you build a stock of ap, he'll shred the tower faster. Like you, he's not afraid to tower dive either but you don't have as much freedom to tower dive him in return because he can just fly to a ward and let the tower have you.

Annie is also hard against her pre-6. Still a bit hard because of Tibbers and stun and burst but Akali is a general soft counter over squishies.

And no, Kat doesn't counter Akali because Kat's ult is too exploitable. Diana is harder because of the shield but if you play smart she's tolerable. I'd rate Kat 5/10 for "skill dependent" and Diana 6/10 if you're going in as Akali.

I never had a problem with Fizz so long as I intend my R's to execute rather than try to 100 - 0.

A general rule for Akali is not to think too much of being harassed pre-6 as long as you can at least get a revolver by level 6 and to keep in mind that you're not the only one who can down your lane opponent after 30% hp is gone.

Notdoppler

02-23-2013

Kennen. There's no way in hell an akali can get close to you without you stunning her, and in the moment she does catch you, pop your ult and you can either kill her or get away easily. Once you get your zhonyas or abyssal (both core items on ken imo) theres no way she can 1v1 or catch you. Ontop of that, you will always be able to stun her and her team if she tries to assasinate your carries in a team fight.

debugginOut

02-23-2013

Made two Akali players rage quit playing mid as Mundo against them. It was funny. Mundo has such strong harass and tankiness. Pick up some MR and Mundo can keep her from farming and give her a fit.

DeShadow058

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIITanker View Post
Hey forum
So i got akali recently, and quite enjoy her, and LOLWUT stomping people.
Some games ago, I was having an average game, 1/0 off of a lux. so because of my w, and we had no jungler (I always play blind pick, never ranked. ever.) I didnt get wards. Enemy jungle was Lee sin, and lets just say I was dead quickly.

Back to the topic

I see that lee sin counters akali with his vision thing, and so do other champs like Nidalle and Cait with their vision traps. So which MID counters akali? i have yet to find a good counter to her. Even against ranged mids i just q farm until 6 and dance on their dead faces. I only lose lanes when im dumb, such as diving a Malzahar with his ult.

So are there any mids that counter akali? thanks
basically in lane lee sin does not counter akali,but as a jungler he destroys akali.

Outlaw466

02-25-2013

Hey Tanker,

When vsing an akali the most important thing you want to have is some life to survive her ultimate spam, I would suggest Diana, Mordekaiser, kennan are all very solid choices. My personal favorite is Mordekaiser against her. Best of luck I know she can be a pain in the butt!