Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which MID counters akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pawrdone

02-22-2013

From my times playing akali, i have found that there arent many counters...
Darius counters us, but he is top lane.
Aniva can counter you if she excels at landing her stun. (the poke @.@ So much damage),
The only other mid I occasionally have trouble with is Leblanc... But of course, as with Aniva, it depends on their skill. And how aggressive I'm playing. Her w q r e w combo is great for poking, so if you dont get the initiate then she will either harass or single burst you...

I will go ahead and say that katarina and karthus are NOT counters to akali. You can ult out of karthus's passive, and burst him down insanely fast. As for katarina, you can guarantee first engage (dome outside along the edge of your ult range) or prevent her from using q/e after youve engaged (dome on her first/after ult), depending on how you dome. Also, Katarina is more AoE, so her skills are less effective 1v1; Not to mention, akali doesnt need 2 seconds to kill her, where as katarina will need alot more then that since she can't use her q.

Anyway, I didn't read alot of the comments because i was seeing a lot of wrong information. Akali is a pretty versatile champion after level 6, and truth be told, it comes down to either skill or early creep denial.

Goodluck! I hope you enjoy akali! You might try her top sometime; She has a blast on every champion not named darius =D. And you're less likely to have a ranged top then you are a ranged mid, so its easier to cs at the early levels.

Haitah

02-22-2013

Lee Sin

Redamntion

02-22-2013

Pink wards

18X Jake

02-22-2013

Swain

JackieThrobinson

Recruiter

02-22-2013

I clearly only mean good Brand players, not the free week ones which think "oh I can just spam every skill and I'll get a stun"...only to realize Akali has been hiding behind minions to get to 6. You will get outfarmed hard as Akali pre-6 and if they have a Mao or any hard stun jungle pre-6, you're done. His bursts hurt =\

WhoopsiGoldburg

02-22-2013

Cho'gath, I've probably only played against piss poor akalis but all of them just seem to love giving me free kills at six.

PoundThigh

02-22-2013

If your opponent actually knows how to play, LeBlanc can be pretty tough.

Mich567

02-22-2013

http://www.championselect.net/champ/Akali
Click on Mid Lane... they're mostly accurate.
lolcounter works too.

DeadFish

02-22-2013

I rape akali with Katarina she can hit her with Sinister Steel and ult when she is in her shroud

CyberVirus

02-22-2013

Vision ward counters mid akali