Which MID counters akali?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KakeManz

02-21-2013

Many of the champs that have been posted in this thread do NOT counter akali. Maybe pre 6 they do decent, but most champs do, pre 6 akali isn't the problem. Also many of these champs do in fact counter akali, very lightly, and they have to be played very well to counter even a just a simply decent akali. A good akali will be able to farm just fine with q and hide in shroud most of the time to avoid harass, stealth detection takes that away, but doesn't completely deny her. Also both of these champs can harass akali in her shroud easily.

Post 6 akali is the problem. Why? She bursts hard. How do you counter that? Well you get champs that are resistant to burst. Mordekaiser and Diana come to mind with built in shields that are built from damage and do damage respectively and have a burst of their own that they can answer with.

Swain is also half decent because he's got a little bulk to him, but more than that he has a skillshot aoe snare, this counters akali in so many ways. First of all, skillshot aoe means that it's pretty easy to hit akali in her shroud even without vision, you save money on pinks, and still make akali's life hell. So it helps with pre 6, as well as the fact that snares mean that she can't ult anything, so you can root her down, unleash your combo, and the worst she can hope to do is throw a q at you. Chasing you will also be out of the question since you have a slowing ability.

Those 3 are probably the easiest counters to akali. There are many more soft counter's to akali but here's what you don't pick: Squishy, slow champs with no dominant skillshot/hard cc or escape. Also many true counters that people say also imply decent skill level with that champ, so don't expect to pick a "counter" for someone and immediately win.

ROKAF JE

02-22-2013

Kat, Swain

Aamon2500

02-22-2013

Malhazar, Kassadin, Brand, Morgana and ofc Fizz

Soraka Goes Mid

02-22-2013

Any tanky mids can shred her, especially if they have AoE abilities. Stuns and silences are also very strong against her. Morde, Malz, Kassadin, Morgana, Ryze, etc. Some of these require pink wards and some don't (e.g. Morde), but they can all go toe to toe with her.

On the other hand, a squishy mid with long cooldowns will get absolutely destroyed. Akali can take down a Lux so quickly it's not even funny, especially if Lux misses her snare.

Lary Hoft

02-22-2013

When I see that they have an Akali, I usually play Anivia. You have to play smart, but you can dominate the lane early levels because your harass is so much better. If you have an advantage, you'll often be able to win trades if you just Q - E. While technically Anivia ult hurts Akali in shroud, I usually just have a pink ward anyway. That way you can proc E damage.

Ten Inch Rooster

02-22-2013

I typically will use Galio.

DunnAskMeh

02-22-2013

Akali begins to become hard to lane against and VERY hard to escape from once she hits 6. Her ultimate is super op imo. It's best to gain an early advantage whether its in levels, or CS.

JackieThrobinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

I main Akali, so I'll tell you which matchups I have the most problems with mid.

Kassadin
The silence is really annoying early game, which is very bad if you start to fall levels behind because of cs. Akali has a pretty bad pre-6 game against him if you can't get the q off before the silence (it usually isn't too hard though). It's difficult until you get a gunblade or some mixed dmg in as he can generally go even with you in dmg and your ap just helps him with his passive so...

Lee Sin
Might seem like a joke to go mid with him, but seriously if there ever was an Akali counter...this would be it. Want vision? Np. She's getting away? Oh look, I had a q on you. Oh, and let's just make it easy for my team to kill you with ult. Better hope you can jump away and heal fast enough. Seriously though, he's usually too bulky to take down 1v1 and the vision hurts a lot. Plus he's better pre-6 than you unless he sucks.

Brand
This guy lives off of zoning and Akali kinda zones herself with the circle. You can burst her really quickly, and if she get's stunned it's pretty much gg. Brand simply does too much dmg when he can hit you easily with his pillar and other spells, and basically you just need to play safe and zone correctly to win. And if you suck at zoning? Well...gl lol.

Also, Ahri and Kat are some of the easiest match-ups for me btw.

Derrick the Red

02-22-2013

Some people are right, but as a long time Akali player, you have to think like this: burst and skill shots are BAD against her, harass, range, DOT, escapes, CC, and AOE are strong against her.

Ryze is strong against her (CC, tanky)
Morg is OK (AOE, tanky)
Brand gets trashed (skill shots, bursty)
Swain is good (AOE, tanky)
Ahri gets trashed (skill shots, squishy)
Anivia is good (AOE, CC, hard to kill passive)
Annie is average (bursty, but ok CC, skill matchup)
AP Yi (pre-six him, post 6, you)
Malz gets trashed (early levels he is squishy and skill-shot based)
Katarina average, depends on skill, harass, jungle support

The list goes on, but the main rule is fight her pre-6 as much as possible. Pick someone who can farm a lot and finally, cc is your friend.

Derrick the Red

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieThrobinson View Post
I main Akali, so I'll tell you which matchups I have the most problems with mid.

Kassadin
The silence is really annoying early game, which is very bad if you start to fall levels behind because of cs. Akali has a pretty bad pre-6 game against him if you can't get the q off before the silence (it usually isn't too hard though). It's difficult until you get a gunblade or some mixed dmg in as he can generally go even with you in dmg and your ap just helps him with his passive so...

Lee Sin
Might seem like a joke to go mid with him, but seriously if there ever was an Akali counter...this would be it. Want vision? Np. She's getting away? Oh look, I had a q on you. Oh, and let's just make it easy for my team to kill you with ult. Better hope you can jump away and heal fast enough. Seriously though, he's usually too bulky to take down 1v1 and the vision hurts a lot. Plus he's better pre-6 than you unless he sucks.

Brand
This guy lives off of zoning and Akali kinda zones herself with the circle. You can burst her really quickly, and if she get's stunned it's pretty much gg. Brand simply does too much dmg when he can hit you easily with his pillar and other spells, and basically you just need to play safe and zone correctly to win. And if you suck at zoning? Well...gl lol.

Also, Ahri and Kat are some of the easiest match-ups for me btw.
I find it interesting how our perspectives differ. I always beat Brand, but I find Katarinas to be very Kata skill dependent. I don't lose, but may not win either.

123456 ... 7