Deathfire Grasp: Mandatory for Everyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayDee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-03-2009

dont forget that it also has a minimum of 200 magical dmg in case the target is below 800 HP.

ConeEtho

12-03-2009

25% of CURRENT health BEFORE reductions is not that much. It is a nuke. A powerful one if the target is at full hp and has poor magical reduction. But it is an poorly stackable nuke, considering the diminishing returns.

A target with 3000 hp (your average tank hero), if caught with full hp will take a 750 damage that will most likely be reduced to something around 400 or so by his magic resistance. I sincerely don't see this as gamebreaking.

Reverse Sejuani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

As stated, minimum of 200 damage, so its a very good item lol.

lordratman

12-03-2009

Nuke characters shouldn't go after the tank. They elimate the dps heroes so your team can pile unto the tank. Deathfire Grasp doesn't help much in this situation.

I can solo mid with viegar, rush the item + boots by level 7. Stun, deathfire, baleful strike, ult will kill almost anyone. Viegar is no longer dependant on landing dark matter to kill someone. Only 60 second cool down makes it an INSANE 1v1 item. It allows him to get those few kills even earlier that he needs to shine end game. Normally I don't level dark matter until 10. Now I can 3 shot nuke at level 7.

I believe the item needs to COST MANA.
Rough estimates to kill someone with Viegar without the item.
Event horizon(175)-dark matter(125)-baleful strike(75)-level 2 ult (300) = 625

Now assuming i don't need the stun
Deathfire-baleful strike (75)-ult(300) = 375.

Seeing as mana usage is one of Viegars major disavantages*, saving 250 mana for a kill makes him very dangerous.

*Most dangerous Viegar focuses solely on AP and realies on kills to replenish his mana. (625 is roughly half his mana around half his mana during mid game, deathfire as is gives him a lot more leeway)

Khan Dingo

12-04-2009

I've never used this item before. It seems to be a good fit for Kayle's Q. 25%? So they buffed this one? The wikia says only 10%.

And is the damage dealt by this item passive or do you need to click this?

Apologies for the questions but what with the latest patch, the Item page is now outdated.

Mass Genocide

12-04-2009

I honestly think deathfire is a bit broken. I was playing a game last night where I was up against a ryze that had deathfire and some other ap items, well I was playing tryn dps carry lifesteal blah blah. Well now Ryze was able to late game stun->deathfire->nuke->etc and knock me out of the fight before it even started. He practically shoulda just had one button that he could hit to win the game.