Deathfire Grasp: Mandatory for Everyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korhallen

12-03-2009

Because who wouldn't want to start a fight with their opponent at 75% hp? Cheapens the game, a ton. People just explode when fighting anyone that has any sort of high powered nuke, now.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

12-03-2009

Deals magic damage to target champion equal to 25% of their current health (+3% per 100 Ability Power)

Does the AP have a cap?

antipathy

12-03-2009

Please the magic reduction your opponents have by the time you get this item is at least 50% (or at least very close to this). This item is only really viable against HP stacking opponents, who neglect MR.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

12-03-2009

Cheers for that but it didnt answer the question in the slightest.

Evernight

12-03-2009

No AP cap that I can see.

To the guy saying everyone has 50% MR by the tie I rush Deathfire - Did the meta-game change literally overnight to where everyone stacks MR like crazy (perhaps it did in response to this item) But there is plenty of magic penetration right now if that is the case. This item is just nuts. Annie could kill with her Q, W, Bear, Ignite Combo as is. Now she gets even more pain to spread.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

12-03-2009

It looks a good item for my Nunu build and running at 500+ AP that's a nice 40% Magic dmg to them, of course then MR comes into play but still. 40% is not to be dismissed easily.

Voidgolem

12-03-2009

Deathfire good for Mundo?

CyberMonkey

12-03-2009

It only hits one target, deals the % to current health, and on top of that, only once every minute. Only good for solid/hybrid AP builds. On the other hand, it does also give mana regen, cooldown reduction, and even some good AP. I would say good item to rush, because it is a good investment (later you will have more ap dealing more damage with unique active).

Edit: I do agree, 25% life in one blow can be quite an intimidation factor.

Goleeb

Adjudicator

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhallen View Post
Because who wouldn't want to start a fight with their opponent at 75% hp? Cheapens the game, a ton. People just explode when fighting anyone that has any sort of high powered nuke, now.
I would never get this item on plenty of heroes because the money you waste on this can cost your more then this item benefits you.

On the other hand it is really good for a bunch of heroes yes and might need some toning down but your over exaggerating.

Deaths Envoy

12-03-2009

anyone happen to know if archaic knowledge (15% spell pen mastery) effects the damage from deathfire? I'm more inclined to say no because its not an actual spell but the mastery could also treat any spell damage your character does as the champions' damage.