[Guide] Tryndamere - Philosophy of a Raging Barbarian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manrik

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetleweisse View Post
I know I'll sound like a newb, but is there a hotkey for items like ghostblade? its too hard to click on it in the middle of a fight, so a button i can press would be great. Thanks!
Your item slots are hotkeyed as 1-6. Just move ghostblade to which ever slot feels most convenient. Or if you want go into keybinding menu and change it.

DotAliscious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

I originally wrote a long-winded post, but I've thrown it out for these points. Please consider them:

-EVERYONE wants to kill Tryndamere. Starting at level 6, use Endless Rage to get the opposing team to spend a lot of damage and cc on you. Your team should be able to clear them out afterwards. If they don't hit you, happy day, crit away!

-Mocking Shout is your best friend. Max it before spin nearly all the time. It reduces attack damage. Used properly with the above technique and you're a powerful support hero from level 6 until you can carry.

-Don't get Berserker's Greaves. You are a carry, and the earlier you can do that the better. Ninja Tabis will help a lot more than greaves vs any dps opponent at almost any point. Mercury treads are a good choice versus magic/cc dealing champs. Boots of swiftness are a maybe. I'd rather use boots of mobility because there's more to the game than fights.

-Experiment with flash as one of your summoner spells. I generally only die once or twice a game with it. Just try it.

-Crit chance is easy to get in-game. It's nice to begin with 10-15% crit chance with no items, but it's really cheap to get 10-15% crit chance. I advise crit chance runes only to low-level or casual Tryndamere players.

A few notes on your tutorial that don't necessarily pertain to Tryndamere:
-Verify this claim: "If an enemy’s AD is lower than the reduction from Mocking Shout their AD will go into negatives." I highly doubt it: being attacked would heal you.
-You've done a good job formatting your post, but I recommend removing unnecessary words and sentences. Concision is more effective than elaboration. Here's an example:

Quote:
A lot of people wait for their enemies to turn around to activate the skill and make use of its slowing aspect. While this is the way to go in a 1v1 situation I wouldn’t wait for it in a teamfight. While you wait for that Kogmaw/Ashe/Ezreal to start running from you, your teammates get slaughtered by Olaf and Pantheon.
Could be this:
Quote:
Don't always wait for your enemies to run before using Mocking Shout. This works well in 1v1 situations, but not always in team fights. While you wait for Kogma/Ashe/Ezreal to start running your team gets slaughtered by Olaf/Pantheon. Activate mocking shout to reduce their damage.
Or better yet:
Quote:
Don't use Mocking Shout only to slow opponents; use it to reduce the attacks of Olaf/Pantheon on your teammates as well.

TheMighty0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotAliscious View Post
A few notes on your tutorial that don't necessarily pertain to Tryndamere:
-Verify this claim: "If an enemy’s AD is lower than the reduction from Mocking Shout their AD will go into negatives."
Or better yet:
Thats what the tooltip said. Of course the attack wouldn't heal you. Basically it drops to zero. I just found it funny that you got it negative Start a custom game with bots and see for yourself.

Thx for the input on structure. I guess there will be always room for improvement. I'll add a new section with tips from the community and put your tips in there.

Ironmane

12-29-2010

What about getting warmogs first on tryn?

regrowth > boots > belt > warmogs.

After that i continue towards the build posted above, giving you a later carry peak but enhancing your usefulness.

Not only does it give him a ****load of health allowing for later use of your ult and general survivability, it also gives that nice bit of regen that, combined with regen runes and bloodlust stacks, almost always allows you to survive that ignite/vlad ult/last enemy hit after your ult ends after a teamfight (in combination with a fortitude potion if needed)
Furthermore, keep in mind that all your abilities require health so youll never NOT be able to spin out when you really are at 1 health after taking all the enemy CC.

Last but not least, the extra health allows you to have the same amount of crit chance from your passive with 500~750 more health than when you would not have bought warmog's, giving more efficiency for your passive.

Ive tried it alot lately and it's very nice. It does tend to make games last longer but i personally dont mind seeing as the longer the game lasts, the more beastly trynd gets anyway. His early game doesnt change much but mid-game you will very often find yourself more of a CC-magnet than anything else so you do need teammates that deal the damage you will aquire later on.

TheMighty0ne

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmane View Post
What about getting warmogs first on tryn?
Let me answer this with the quote of Michel Scott from "The Office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmane View Post
It does tend to make games last longer but i personally dont mind seeing as the longer the game lasts, the more beastly trynd gets anyway. His early game doesnt change much but mid-game you will very often find yourself more of a CC-magnet than anything else so you do need teammates that deal the damage you will aquire later on.
Let me "rephrase" this part coz it contains almost all the reasons why I'm not getting Warmogs...

A Warmogs does not make games tend longer it makes you beeing a useless asset of the team for a longer period of time. The job of a carry is to deal tons and tons of damage and the sooner you start the better carry you are. Warmogs is expensive and doesnt provide anything but HP, you'll need tons of farm (which good players won't let you have) and your damage output doesn't improve at all. That's why I'm rushing Ghostblade. The HP cost is neglectable once you're 6+. In a teamfight you'll be able to use your spin 2 maybe 3 times max.

The crit chance it "provides" is easily obtainable as DotAlicious stated. In a fight you're at zero HP anyway. Investing 3000g in Warmog to survive Vlads ult? Why not invest 3460g in Zhonya then, it's much more reliable! You get my drift.

1. As a carry you want to become a wrecking machine ASAP!
2. I believe that Trynd doesn't require any defensive items. You have your ult and spin. Use it right and you'll be fine.

bobmuffinman

04-21-2011

I just bought trynd and I'm yet to play my first game with him but I've found this guide really quite helpful however a skill priority from level 1-6 and a section detailing his passive would further enhance it's usefulness to any new players (I did gather that it provide crit chance per health missing) but definitely a helpful guide.

Now imma play my first game as trynd

Warrrrax

04-22-2011

Unlike most champs, Trynds damage is almost SOLELY based on autoattacks. He does get some bonus AD (but only once he starts attacking and gets some crits built up) but nothing else.

Therefore it is very important to boost his DPS as quickly as possible to ensure he can contribute. While warmogs may seem like a good idea, it really only increases his effective health by 70% (at level 18). This makes him tough but unable to deal much actual damage. This means the enemy is much more likely to escape your ganks and attacks...even though you survive more as well.

I recommend taking Merc Treads though. CC is tough on Trynd and reducing duration usually means the difference between getting the kill before rage is over or not.
Plus, most casters penetrate about 30 MR. Just a 25 boost from 50ish (at 18) to 75 really increases how long he lasts.
Without this MR, he can be bursted before you can even click the R button. Ive noticed a substantial difference personally.
I mean, you have over 2000 health. These boots alone add 25% or +500 health vs magic burst damage which is what you usually take most of.

bobmuffinman

04-22-2011

Well i've played my first game and realised that there is no need for a 1-6 levelling guide it's pretty self explanatory(but the guide helped) but trynd is enjoyable

HellBringerSP

05-12-2011

But this guild makes Tryndamere practically the same as every other crit carry out there like gankplank i go rush zeal, and greaves/others depending, vampire sceptre and just farm and join teamfights till i get bf sword then infi, then....idk lol i usually go phantom dancer then GA/last whisperer depending on the team. By this time game ended, but if not i get bloodhthirster and the other thing i didnt get eg GA/last whisperer. I has crit chance reds, yellows, CdR blues, 2 Crit chance quints and 1 armor pen quint. Sounds reasonable? any tips?

TheMighty0ne

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmuffinman View Post
definitely a helpful guide.
That was the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax
Unlike most champs, Trynds damage is almost SOLELY based on autoattacks. He does get some bonus AD (but only once he starts attacking and gets some crits built up) but nothing else.

Therefore it is very important to boost his DPS as quickly as possible to ensure he can contribute. While warmogs may seem like a good idea, it really only increases his effective health by 70% (at level 18). This makes him tough but unable to deal much actual damage. This means the enemy is much more likely to escape your ganks and attacks...even though you survive more as well.
Exactly my point. Trynds early game is pretty weak, if you don't rush dmg items you make it weaker.