[Guide] Tryndamere - Philosophy of a Raging Barbarian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMighty0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullMasteRgR View Post
in none of the three options on runes u use any crit dmg runes. . . i was thinking crit dmg marks and quints and crit chance seals and glyphs. . . after reading ur guide (a really nice one) i started considering cd reduction glyphs instead of crit chance. . what is your opinion? why no crit dmg on ur runes?
Tryn has tons of problems and dealing enough damage is not one of them. Crit damage is great if you have armor pen and crit chance. Crit damage won't help you crit though besides if you don't have enough armor pen those crit dmg runes won't make you deal as much damage as you expect them to.

SkullMasteRgR

11-01-2010

Quote:
Tryn has tons of problems and dealing enough damage is not one of them. Crit damage is great if you have armor pen and crit chance. Crit damage won't help you crit though besides if you don't have enough armor pen those crit dmg runes won't make you deal as much damage as you expect them to.
i agree but the only item that gives u crit dmg is IE. . on the other hand there are many options for crit chance and armor pen. so wouldn it be better for late game to have some extra crit dmg from runes combined with armor pen and crit chance items? (IE, last whisper, phandom dancer for example.)

ThreeLittleBirds

11-01-2010

I think the boost they gave trynd last patch made him a monster. With some CD reduction, you can cast bloodlust before and right after your ultimate, which is great.

Also, IE might be the only item that gives you crit damage, but theres like 100 items that give you damage, which is basically the same.

jGrondo

11-01-2010

Was a good guide as an avid trynd player

TheMighty0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullMasteRgR View Post
i agree but the only item that gives u crit dmg is IE. . on the other hand there are many options for crit chance and armor pen. so wouldn it be better for late game to have some extra crit dmg from runes combined with armor pen and crit chance items? (IE, last whisper, phandom dancer for example.)
I'm not saying crit damage is a bad choice. There are no real right and wrong answeres. What I've presented you in my guide is the way I play Trynd and how it works for me. I might try out crit damage some time when I've got some spare IP but it won't be the case anytime soon ^^

Now... you're saying it would be better for "late game" but it's early game where we have the most problems and where you rely on crit chance to score those lucky kills before you hit 6. Besides, do you know how much additional damage you actually get from the crit dmg runes? I didn't do the math but you're getting +10% from masteries + crit damage from Bloodlust. Is the difference really that huge if you take those?

RightfullyMine

11-02-2010

Armor Penetration>Crit Damage in terms of the amount of damage dealt on a CRIT during early and mid game. Crit Damage does a bit more late game but at that time the difference is negligible. You will still be 3 shotting carries nonetheless with armor pen.

One thing that I want to comment on is that is it's difficult to carry without IE. By getting both Youmuu and Zeal first you are delaying your IE by 4000 gold, which probably means you will be getting it after 30 minutes (unless you are getting fed). Trynd's power literally grows exponentially with IE, and the sooner you get it, the sooner your team will stop playing a 4v5 while you farm.

TheMighty0ne

Recruiter

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightfullyMine View Post
Armor Penetration>Crit Damage in terms of the amount of damage dealt on a CRIT during early and mid game. Crit Damage does a bit more late game but at that time the difference is negligible. You will still be 3 shotting carries nonetheless with armor pen.

One thing that I want to comment on is that is it's difficult to carry without IE. By getting both Youmuu and Zeal first you are delaying your IE by 4000 gold, which probably means you will be getting it after 30 minutes (unless you are getting fed). Trynd's power literally grows exponentially with IE, and the sooner you get it, the sooner your team will stop playing a 4v5 while you farm.
Sure, the sooner you get IE the better. If you're farming all game you're doing something wrong. I try to contribute before I hit 6 and once I do I'm gonna be in every single teamfight, farmed or not. Even if you hitting a carry once in a teamfight makes a difference, and don't forget about your W. Trynd doesn't need to farm all game. You gotta get 6 and get your Youmu, thats it.

SkullMasteRgR

11-02-2010

ty guys, u gave me lots of material to think. . thumbs up for a very nice guide (y). .!

RightfullyMine

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMighty0ne View Post
Sure, the sooner you get IE the better. If you're farming all game you're doing something wrong. I try to contribute before I hit 6 and once I do I'm gonna be in every single teamfight, farmed or not. Even if you hitting a carry once in a teamfight makes a difference, and don't forget about your W. Trynd doesn't need to farm all game. You gotta get 6 and get your Youmu, thats it.
Tryndamere is a carry who can sacrifices his early game for his late game, so it isn't wrong to farm much of the game for your items. Your build is good; it focuses on his early and mid game, I'm just giving another perspective on it .

Draik

11-02-2010

+1 like your guide, i main tryndamere and i share a lot of similarities with your guide however i could argue about some points you stated:

Quote:
On to the minions. A crit gives you 2 Bloodlust stacks, Bloodlust stacks heal you, so critting minions is good. Right? Wrong! We don’t want to push the lane, at least until we hit 6 we want to farm only and get our Bloodlust stacks by last-hitting.
having critical at the start shouldnt push your lane because you last hit most of the time and thus, it doesnt matter if you do a normal hit or a critical hit the creep will die. however if you critical you get more stacks on kill so you can heal more and thus, harash more so i would consider having 30% critical at the start a good thing. a problem with this would be loosing stacks because of bloodlust cd but you can mantain it by good last hit.

Quote:
Well… it depends. If their team is AD heavy you’ll max W first thing after Q. If not, I sometimes go for the additional damage in E. If you manage to get few levels in E early on the damage it will deal is quite significant. But be aware that you pass on the slow increase of W.
even if its ap heavy team i would get w over e anytime (exept for the early e level for mobility) even with just the slow its much more usefull as it is your only chasing ability early. you want to slow a lot regarthless of the ad you will reduce. usually slow the target can get you two or three hits before using other chasing resource and i can asure you that those two or three hits will hit harder than your spining slash.

hmmm then minor things:

-Boots of swiftness: really, if you cant catch a guy with youmus+mocking shout+spining slash (and in some cases ghost) the extra mobility of this wont help you. get zeker boots if you will get this instead...
-playing defensive until 6 is depending on who you are laning agaist and how many critical you have
-as i said before you damage by hits not by slash so 15% spell penetration from masteries really doesnt worth it
-Sometimes you wont use starks if someone else already bought it so you would have to state that and change the initial items.
-a very strong item to add is bloodthrister. when you already have 70%+ critical chance the damage from this really matters and the fact that you wont die helps you keep it up.

thats all. heh english isnt my first language neither so same excuse as yours :P