Improved health bars, coming soon to a league near you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiddershinsMcgee

02-21-2013

Reads quite well. I dig it.

Hercules Morse

02-21-2013

You idiots realise that people were capable of getting 4k+ health since, I dunno, the launch of the game? And will continue to be able to do it even if/when one item (warmogs) is nerfed?

Of all the things to complain about... Xelnath, you didnt exactly pick the best words, implying that this is a 'fix' for health stacking, but I didnt think GD was this dumb. This is a good addition to the ui, has nothing to do with the power of warmogs.

InertBlowfish

02-21-2013

I also find this ironic that they used an Amumu (broken champ) model with the name 'Towerkiller'.

Because they know towers are ****ing useless when you have more health than a tower at level 7, and Amumu is ****ing broken to boot.

Insult to GD's injury.

Good subtle trolling on Xelnath's behalf.

Doghealer

02-21-2013

Alright, I'll be the one to ask.

What exactly is a "Wizardlock, right hand of the 7th order of obsidian blackfire ebonstone dark Witchlords"? And what are its job duties?

Pedja11

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
By the way, Xelnath, you did a good job with this.

It's simple and elegant. Very easy to read.

We're all just bitter because this game is very quickly turning into World of Warcraft PVP - CC trains and Tanks dominate everything, there's no room for skill or squishy champs anymore.
Thing is adc is still the most important part of a team
if adc wasnt the most important thing we would see bruisers bot

Arcticfury

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Pay no mind to the fact that Warmog's gave more health in Season 2. No, this is CLEARLY just because of the HP stacking meta! It wasn't hard to read in Season 2! Really!
Exactly, APen and AD rune, mastery, and item buffs is the only reason that people use Warmong's. And Warmong's is the reason the burst mage is super weak. So it was Riot's attempt to over buff the ADC that ruined the game, not Warmong's.

Crownface

02-21-2013

Quote:
Pay no mind to the fact that Warmog's gave more health in Season 2. No, this is CLEARLY just because of the HP stacking meta! It wasn't hard to read in Season 2! Really!
But how many people actually built Warmog's on a regular basis?

Compare that with how many people you see build a Warmog's every single game in S3.

Wolfenstyne

02-21-2013

I know you said your topic title in jest, but it's not a joke to people man. It's sucks having to play this boring stale meta full of health. It's not tomorrow, it's right now. It's not funny.

Soulyre

02-21-2013

Makes sense. Keeps everything simple and doesn't make people learn something new. Other than the black bars meaning 1k hp.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
You mind telling me how often you saw champions build Warmog's, Locket and Sunfire Cape? Add Black Cleaver, that's 21000 bonus HP in a build that's relatively popular right now on quite a few champs.

Health stacking is a lot more prominent in S3 than it was in S2. It's rise in popularity is the main reason why Riot has revisited their approach to health bars, I think.