Improved health bars, coming soon to a league near you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

03-01-2013

poor sticky

Corey Tud

03-01-2013

Xelnath, What were your thoughts/results are far as the tainted health idea? I really enjoyed the idea because of how useful it is, whether your trying to finish someone off or if you're thinking about popping a shield or heal of some kind.

Fedee Krueger

03-01-2013

That Amumu has almost 6k health!

Zeypherous

03-01-2013

I've identified and issue 'how much health you will lose from a DOT effect' colour change to health bars. Except in the case of true damage, the amount 'greyed out' as it were will change based on the targets resistances, whether or not he is shielded or has certain temporary buffs like Garen's courage or Sona's W active.
If you show the entirety of 'this is the amount they are losing from this effect', those things make the health bar a busier place, and if it just shows 'this is how much you lose per tick' it isn't really worth it due to the fast refresh time.
And then there are the cases that you can't really estimate well like Morgana's Tormented Soil or the sudden aplification of damage from Liandrys if you happen to walk through the enemy Lux's lucent singularity.
On one hand it helps, but there are a few disadvantages as well.

Chocoßo

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
This is launching now, so I'm removing this sticky.
what about the cc indicators?

Redeemed In Fire

03-01-2013

In regards to modding the health bar settings:

....Where's the file I need to change? Poking around in the RAF files didn't find a GeneralCharacterData.ini file, and it's also not in the league directory itself. =/

Edit: Found it in patch 0.0.0.141 but using RAF Manager to re-pack it with changed settings appended does nothing

Alex3465

03-01-2013

This is awesome! Thanks for interacting with the community, and for this awesome idea! .