Improved health bars, coming soon to a league near you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supertigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I think losing yourself is a very big problem and I'm not sure what to do about it yet.
Is this referring to Health bars or to life in general?

Leafbakko

02-25-2013

niceee

Raistyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

i kinda of liked the unsegmented bars. looks much more intimidating to your lane opponent who doesn't have them

nuthusk

02-25-2013

I'm not surprised anymore.
Ever since dota2 was released, LoL has gone full-speed into copying it's superior interfaces.

To be fair, Riot is a small studio.
I miss the old Riot though, they used to innovate, now they just copy.

dredzach

02-25-2013

Riot, can you implement this please: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=453035

"Never lose track of your champ again!
What it does
All this does is make your health box brighter, different colours from your allies and enemies. It also makes allies/enemies bars slightly darker so yours stands out much more. This helps tremendously in team fights."

Back when this mod was working, it was very helpful in team fights.

Hatred Summoner

02-25-2013

I'm assuming this system works well with the "shield benefits" from spells such as Morgana's Black Shield and Lux's Prismatic Barrier where they pump up your "effective health" for their duration. Also I'm guessing there is no colour clashing etc... *fingers crossed*

Joseph Dom

02-25-2013

I have a question. Why aren't there any ticks for mana bars? An example of why this would be useful does Darius have more than 100 mana.

IncompleteWar

02-25-2013

hey what about doing something like that with mana it would be awesome. make it to were u can see how much mana they have just by bar instead of the icon.

SchuyWeaves

02-25-2013

I don't see the point in QQ about health bar changes. This change is an improvement no matter whether a health meta stays or leaves. I personally appreciate the addition of distinct black marks at 1k hp intervals. Count the black bars and quickly see how much hp they have. Good work on this IMO and as he said, why ruin the release of a cool new feature with QQ about balancing health in the meta.

Xpecial Effects

02-25-2013

Will there be a way to retain the old health bars? The new ones are just...no.