Why are champs forced to sit at fountain for 1:30 at the beginning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

02-22-2013

Honestly, I really like it - every other map you have to mash buy your items and run to your designated starting location before your team gets into a fight with a numbers disadvantage because you're trying to decide on your starting items or are working out who's playing what lane or role - ARAMs are especially guilty of this.

KaWraith

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAGunStew View Post
There is no gameplay reason for it to be that long, is there? It's not like you can use that time to set up invade or counter-invade or wards like in SR.
my question is why doesn't SR have it??, (i mean an extra minute before you can leave, the timing on the minions should get the same push-back, so you can still do all that cool before the minions set up stuff)
I usually go do something else while waiting out the loading screen (some people have some whizzbang pocket calculators they play on), so it's nice to have some time to alt tab back into the game, look at the team comps, figure out my items, and yes, decide on a bot lane champ (usually I volunteer).

Malah

02-25-2013

Because jungling, eating junglers weak to invades, and herp derp 5 people in a bush level 1 strats.

I mean, how else are we going to flood youtube with videos of someone getting jumped by five stuns and some ignites at level one and exploding into bits?

lbgsloan

02-25-2013

There are too many connection issues and last second connects, so it's kind of a necessary evil. I'd say at least 50% of my games there's a 'summoner A has reconnected' messages at the 1 minute mark. As others noted if someone isn't there for the initial windmill fight, you auto-lose windmill. I'll take the 1:20 wait rather than lose some games before they start.

SR needs the inital set up time so the team can gang bang the poor wolves and golem, so the jungler isn't at one bar of health when Shaco comes to murder him.