Why are champs forced to sit at fountain for 1:30 at the beginning?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weezcake

02-21-2013

Trash talk time.

That, or "who's bot?" games.

Or the more positive answer, strategy time.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

It also allows time for reconnects/buys etc before the game starts. Same reason creeps don't start insta spawning the moment SR loads.

IMTOOJUICY

02-21-2013

It gives me enough time to accidentally buy a pair of level one boots, then sell back one quickly and hope no one on my team noticed.

i also stand very close to a female champion on my team and be creepy.

EpicEmilio

02-21-2013

It takes the time to build stradegy.

Froppi

02-21-2013

Several reasons that have already been stated:
It also people to decide their item build depending on the competition, develop strategies such as who will take bot, if there will be switches mid game, who will grab mid, if there are questions about builds, to smack talk, etc etc.

Malah

02-21-2013

Toaster PC's (upgrade at least to a microwave PC, please), inability to leave the computer before queuing rather than afterwards (try option one instead), and stroking egos (screw /all chat).

A slightly more legitimate reason would be purchasing items and changing bot if they picked something horribly gimmicky and got screwed, but that shouldn't really take any longer than twenty or thirty seconds. There's pretty much only two correct choices, at most three for a starting item for most builds without doing something weird.The XP thing could be fixed by setting starting XP to about level 3.75 or so rather than 3. The extra minute is almost entirely unnecessary.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfAGunStew View Post
There is no gameplay reason
I do not understand the != There is no

Malah

02-21-2013

Indeed, those words do not mean the same thing. "I drank wine" and "I slew the orchestra" are also two incongruent phrases.

While we're spouting out random meaningless trivia, Tanzania formed in 1964 from a merger between Tanganyika and Zanzibar.

Selfish Kayle

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Indeed, those words do not mean the same thing. "I drank wine" and "I slew the orchestra" are also two incongruent phrases.

While we're spouting out random meaningless trivia, Tanzania formed in 1964 from a merger between Tanganyika and Zanzibar.
Whoosh

Tempestphile

02-22-2013

team mate 4 plays LOL on a toaster

everyone is loaded, then the game starts but he isn't

This time allows him to get into the game and get setup to go