Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why are there no more "fun" champion skins released?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

churahm

02-21-2013

This is a problem i've been having recently. I rarely buy skins, that's a fact. But there's also the fact that every skin that I'm willing to buy, has to be a fun/funny skin.

What I mean is, I know pretty much every new skin released are like, super badass looking, with extremely cheesy names like "Steel legion", "Battlecast", etc. These skins, are what I call "cool" skins.

Usually what I'm looking for, are "fun" skins, for example: surprise party fiddlesticks, Surgeon Shen, Surfer singed, to name a few. I really like those skins, the type that takes your champion and puts them outside of their normal comfort zone, changing them in crazy ways, that are more for the amusement part than being badass.

I liked the fisherman jax skin, where you use a fishing pole instead of your lamp post, or big bad warwick, with his pink grandma's outfit.

On the other hand, I don't care much about "Steel legion garen". It doesn't change him, it just makes him look "cooler". His sword is still a sword, but different. His armor is still an armor, but different.

I'm just saying, I wish there were more of those "fun" skins, I'd definitely get my hands on them, if I play the champion of course.

Ozlin

02-21-2013

typically they need something to celebrate for fun skins

DementedLord

02-21-2013

House plant zyra riot pls!

The McSmashy

02-21-2013

Debonair Jayce? Dragon Tamer Lulu? Pool Party Ziggs? Arcade Sona? Releases go a bit farther back but they've still been coming steady.

Morior Invictis

02-21-2013

One of the more recent skin releases was Dragon Trainer Lulu. Isn't that cute?

They have to balance what style of skins they release, and I think the majority of people are after "cool" skins. Therefore they have to release those as well.

churahm

02-21-2013

Dragon trainer is ok, but not THAT fun when you think about it, I mean it's more of a cool looking skin to me.

Pool party ziggs though I have to agree, but hey that was almost half a year ago