Splitpushing is pretty much out of hand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xemeron

02-21-2013

First of: I know alot of people will go berserk the moment I first say "DotA" here... Keep calm and just read it...

The last time I see splitpushing in pretty much every game...
It was fine while it was only a thing done by Shen in pro games, but lately people find more and more Champions to splitpush, basicly every Champion with good escape and a pushing spell is basicly able to splitpush.

No, I dont think that builds like AP Tryndamere should be nerfed, neither do I think tht Splitpushing itselve is the problem. I played DotA for a long time, Splitpushing is also possible and exist in this game, but its not the "lets win" strategy it is in LoL.

The problem is that there are no real counter moves. In DotA you have TP scrolls and fortify to stop and counter splitpushers, even if you are on the other side of the map.

I know RIOTs favorite strategy when something goes out of hands is to nerf it until its not possible any more (amyone still remembers Level 1 Dragon fights?) but how about we play a bit different this time and just make counters for it?

Yes, I know, this would be taken from DotA, but why not take something that works, I mean we already have bottle in this game now, so why not try some more?

Basicly I am talking about TP scrolls and fortify.

Sure we have Teleport as a summoner spell, but its not really a viable counter to Splitpushing, because of mainly 2 reasons:
1. The cooldown is way too long
2. You can only have 2 Summoner spells, you have to choose them before the game starts. And while I say that buying Items to counter a specific strategy or champion is totaly fine, since you can choose to do so in game when you are sure that they do it, needing a summoner spell to counter a strategy is not fine.

So what to do about it?
The TP scrolls from DotA would be a good thing. You buy them for like 100 gold and they give you the ability to teleport to every tower once.
since you can only TP to Towers and not to Minions or wards, it wouldnt end in absurd ganking power. This way we could also keep the summoner spell TP, since its mostly used for lane ganks or fast pushing a lane where your minions are already far in the enemy area. But with the consumable Item we would finaly have something to stop splitpushers.
How is it balanced? How does it stop the whole team to suddendly pop up out of nowhere?
Well When more than one person use a TP to the same tower, the second one needs longer to be teleported, the third one even longer etc.

If a consumable would be unwanted or people are afraid of early power of buyable Teleports, it could become a upgrade for Boots instead. this way noone could use it right from the start but when they need it mid to lategame, they can get it.

Second would be Fortify. Whats that? Its a spell, that makes all towers invulnerable for some seconds. Its a spell everyone can use.
Its used to stop an important tower to fall before your team can arrive.

This could be a problem for LoL, since the mechanic doesnt exist...Maybe it could become an Item, dont know...

With these or at least one of these, Splitpushing could stay in the game, but at the same time, wouldnt be the "we win" strategy it is today.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Or, while that one person split pushes, you win the 4 vs 5 and get two towers to his one?

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Fortify existed, and was taken out of the game in late 2011.

Xemeron

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Fortify existed, and was taken out of the game.
Cause they did it wrong.
The original Fortify was abuseable, cause 5 tanks could take it and make Towers invincible whenever they needed.
With my way, it would be only useable once and then on Cooldown for the whole team.
Less abuseable, balanced.

Evolnemesis

02-21-2013

Splitpushing is a matter of outmaneuvering the enemy team... ultimately losing to a splitpushing strategy means your team failed to capitalize on enemy mistakes, and instead gave the enemy openings to push other lanes by doing things like all 5 of your champs staying in one lane against only 3 enemies, while the other 2 smash a lane down.

You usually only lose to a splitpushing strategy if the other team is actually playing a lot better than yours, or your team has a leaver. Premades tend to splitpush well against solo players also, since premade groups tend to be more coordinated than pugs. Occasionally, you will see a team running a very teleport heavy comp designed around splitpushing, but I find that is not that common actually, and there are ways to counter that too if you see it.

Warding properly so you know the enemy's movements is another tool you can use to really help you out here.

FullmetaCatalyst

02-21-2013

It's a risk. They're sending someone away in the hopes that the full force of your team doesn't smite them with the fury of a raging hurricane before that 5th player does something useful.

Either hit them like the fist of an angry god or designate someone to counter the splitpusher. More likely than not, if they're splitpushing they're afraid of taking you head-on anyway, so "losing" your own 5th player won't hurt much.

EnglshGentleman

02-21-2013

You haven't really said why split pushing shouldn't be a valid method to win. Why should LoL have the same style as Dota?

Kelarm

02-21-2013

Split pushing isnt even strong in solo Q, teams can't grasp the concept and you get ****ing reported half the time. Idk how you think it's a problem.

Noobgrenade

02-21-2013

Bring TP or don't complain.