Reporting Streamers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roosevelt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

If a streamer streams with no delay, and the enemy team is clearly ghosting him, is reporting him for "Assisting Enemy Team" valid?

Has anyone come across this in the Tribunal?

This is just a question out of curiosity. I'm watching Dan Dinh get counter-jungled by someone ghosting him. Dan ended up going like 4/14 as Fiora and likely lost the game for his team.

It IS his fault the other team has access to his team's information, whether he intended for the opposing team to have it or not.

Sh0tslol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

And then he re-started stream again with Delay. He didn't do it intentionally. Not his fault he's famous and people want to watch him stream for an unfair advantage.

Roosevelt

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicButtonLOL View Post
And then he re-started stream again with Delay. He didn't do it intentionally. Not his fault he's famous and people want to watch him stream for an unfair advantage.

But I didn't say he did it intentionally. I really enjoy Dan's stream and would hate to see him banned. I was simply curious if he COULD be banned for giving information to the enemy team. Because really that's what his stream can do.

A Retarded Clown

02-21-2013

OR instead of being roundabout just ban the ghosters permanently.
You here are trying to ban the victim while letting the criminals go off scott free, no logic in that.

Roosevelt

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
OR instead of being roundabout just ban the ghosters permanently.
You here are trying to ban the victim while letting the criminals go off scott free, no logic in that.

But Dan CHOSE to stream without delay... So if four of my friends give me their social security numbers and I post them on the internet, I'm the victim if someone steals their identities? His stream getting ghosted didn't just lose the game for him. He had four teammates that lost also. They're the real victims.

MASiFFECT

02-21-2013

I think whoever ghosted his stream should be ashamed of themselves to even need to look at team positions and wards. Does Dan cover his mini map? I think that would help out a lot, but still... I see what you mean Roosevelt. I don't like the idea of having to put a delay on your stream when you get popular. You want your fans or people that want to learn to get LIVE info and what not especially if you're coaching someone.

GoddessIsabel

02-21-2013

It is Dan Dinh's fault for streaming with no delay. He is asking the enemy team to cheat and he is screwing his team over. The enemy team is also at fault because they should be more mature and not watch his stream to gain an advantage. However, if Dan Dinh didn't do it in the FIRST PLACE, then there won't be any cheating. In the end of the day, the victims are Dan Dinh's teammates.

If Dan Dinh wants to provide a LIVE stream to his viewers, he can do what PhantomLord does, cover the minimap.

So to answer your question, Dan Dinh is assisting the enemy team and can be reported.

Shut It Donny

02-21-2013

I think it's best if streamers just use some sort of delay. It's the safest way to go.
I enjoy streamers like Voyboy who go into a lot of detail about what they're doing and have chat open during the game, but I could do without that. Play on a 3 minute delay, answer questions after the game or something.
Ghosting is becoming way too prevalent for streamers to ignore.