Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn and Valor cds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SolidusBlitz

02-21-2013

Their cooldowns should not be shared. Kinda silly when I switch to valor and can only autoattack

The MechE

02-21-2013

I think it' to prevent mega-bursting an opponent down.

You know, dumping everything on them as Quinn, dump everything again as valor, turn off your ult.

BAM! 100/0

Wards win games

02-21-2013

Double instant cast blind with a Q refresh would be the death of any melee or AA based champion.
While I agree it can get annoying having nothing going into R, that just means the skillcap for ultimate usage is higher (Champion overall), can't just hit the button to win.

need to decide should I wait for my CD's, or use the MS of ult to reposition myself for when they are up again.

Arc insanity

02-21-2013

the burst would be silly, in general valor's moveset is much better then quinn's: melee ADC with gapcloser+slow and and an aoe blind to all in melee range. you should use ult only if both are ready to cast. Since your ult is your only solid way of confirming kills alone.

Rocket Raptor

02-21-2013

The Q can share the cooldown because if you think about it Quin's Q IS valor doing the skill anyway, but her e is a completely different skill as valor. it doesn't leap back. I feel like her e could safely come off of cooldown when activating R and avoid the risks of having a double blind.

phar0ah1

02-21-2013

Although it is annoying to a point I feel as though since the burst would be insane if they were not separate she is good as is. It means a little more planning but overall it does not kill her character. She is similar to say a Nidalee only her ult provides a little more utility and a nice finisher.

RetroKyleX

02-21-2013

Quote:
Scurvy Wolfe:
The Q can share the cooldown because if you think about it Quin's Q IS valor doing the skill anyway, but her e is a completely different skill as valor. it doesn't leap back. I feel like her e could safely come off of cooldown when activating R and avoid the risks of having a double blind.

I agree on this end. Their E isn't exactly a damage dealer itself... so it'd be more, well, logical for it to work that way.

If not refreshing the cooldown entirely, consider shaving some of the CD off of the E when activating her Ult for the first time.

Currently, to me, the way it currently works is that you attack with Quinn, whittling them down, ideally whilst marked. Hit them with autos, her Q, autos, and ending with her E and more autos. At this point, if they're not dead, and you can't finish them, well, tough luck. Your R, IMO, should allow you to burst with Quinn, switch to Valor and continue sticking to a target due to his E and movement speed.

However, I can understand the logic in having it not work that way. Maybe this would add too much to Quinn's sustained combat potential whilst dueling. Being able to stick to a retreating enemy unit is, well, kinda great. Even moreso if you can catch up to them twice, with the 2nd time having an insane attack speed steroid.

Maybe. Stuff to consider IMO. Just don't take the Q off cooldown when the ult is activated. That'd be a little OP.