Riot; A long time AP Trynd player; These changes are perfect

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
After the cruel death of my once main AP Alistar, I don't have faith in Riot to preserve alternate builds.
I didn't main AP Ali, to be honest I didn't play him that much before the nerfs. When I did play him he was damn fun though. Even after the nerfs. He's not great though, agreed. I made a thread about him too:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...588&highlight=

Orenin

02-21-2013

I don't understand how AP tryndamere does any damage? can somone enlighten me? OK you have a heal, great. But you do no damage... does not seem nerf worthy.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenin View Post
I don't understand how AP tryndamere does any damage? can somone enlighten me? OK you have a heal, great. But you do no damage... does not seem nerf worthy.
He does not damage, but he outsustains people at the moment. He is considered unfun to play against because of how much he heals without needing to build up fury. Which is a fair statement, except his kit is so flawed number wise. If Riot is going to nerf his ability to heal like an *******, they have to make him deal more damage than a wet fish.

Kroa

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
and spinning for 200~ when you built purely AP and forced yourself into melee range with no escapes felt rather lame.
This.i find him a drag to play as AP. just because you can survive with ur heal over and over? You definately dont snowball, ur passive is useless, as well as your auto attacks..ur still USELESS when your ult is up, so what exactly are u doing? Split pushing can be easily stopped as long as you have map awareness and guard your towers accordingly.

They did this to get rid of AP tryn, or try to atleast. Its not his intended style of play. And i totally agree.

imweasel09

02-21-2013

Quote:
He doesn't need damage, he's got a wall hop, a massive ratio heal and an invulnerability button. They combine to form basically the most annoying splitpusher in the game except for maybe shen. He doesn't need damage because if you're team fighting you're doing it wrong he just needs to sit in a lane and never leave it all the way to the inhibitor turret.

Orenin

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norak View Post
He does not damage, but he outsustains people at the moment. He is considered unfun to play against because of how much he heals without needing to build up fury. Which is a fair statement, except his kit is so flawed number wise. If Riot is going to nerf his ability to heal like an *******, they have to make him deal more damage than a wet fish.
yea like lategame especially, you just kind of screwed your team, I don't know how you win with it

Kroa

02-21-2013

Quote:
yea like lategame especially, you just kind of screwed your team, I don't know how you win with it
Pretty much. Once the towers are done, and your split psuhing becomes useless because they lost all their towers, as well as your cuz you cant team fight to help your team to save ANYONE, so at around 40mins its game over. You lose LITERALLY just because you have an AP tryn. If you can end the fight before then(totally possible) then good for you. doesnt mean its viable. it just means your 4 other teammates did so well that you could just push freely without being interupted cuz any interuption, would totally stop him, he cant defend himself. :S

Norak

02-21-2013

Quote:
You can carry by split pushing well. Split pushing is hard against good opponents, though. It does work if you play it right however.

imweasel09

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroa View Post
Pretty much. Once the towers are done, and your split psuhing becomes useless because they lost all their towers, as well as your cuz you cant team fight to help your team to save ANYONE, so at around 40mins its game over. You lose LITERALLY just because you have an AP tryn. If you can end the fight before then(totally possible) then good for you. doesnt mean hes viable.
If they have 0 towers left i think AP trynd's already done his job if you've got 3 bare inhibs you probably going to lose.

Ergheis

02-21-2013

I would rather they just break off Tryndamere's AP side and make a new champion built to do that (although they already have AP Nunu, which is just as annoying).

Honestly, "Variety" isn't building a specific AP build, Variety is about being able to build the many different Crit+AD+Attack+Movespeed+ArmorPen builds that are out there atm. People need to stop choking AD champions with their AP builds.

123456 ... 10