Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] A butt-ton of bugs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chooncha

02-21-2013

So I was just playing a custom game. I started off good, and Ashe bot got first blood. Only, the entire team got an assist for it, and instead of an enemy has been slain, the announcer said 'a summoner has disconnected' (same goes for the text display). Then I got a kill, and it did the same thing.

Not long after that, I towerdived shen and died. The game instantly froze as soon at the lethal tower shot hit me, and the game soon crashed. Now, when I look at the AIR client, it just shows 'game still in progress'.

What in the world just happened?

p.s., the bots I had were (from memory), shen, miss fortune, nunu, lux, soraka and ashe (i can't remember the other 3).

namora

02-21-2013

I'm going to start off asking for your summoner name, so Riot can watch the replay. Then I'm going to try to recreate and hopefully others recreate as well.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

vLemon

QA Analyst

02-21-2013

Hey Chooncha are you playing in the Mac or Windows client? Did you submit the bugsplat? Did you put a name or a comment in the report so I can trace it?

Chooncha

02-21-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Hey Chooncha are you playing in the Mac or Windows client? Did you submit the bugsplat? Did you put a name or a comment in the report so I can trace it?

Hi there red, should have specified. I'm playing on the mac client, seems to be the main cause of the issue. I would send the bugsplat, but the window for it won't actually open. The icon on the dock disappears as soon as I click on it.

vLemon

QA Analyst

02-21-2013

Thanks for the follow up Chooncha. Try reinstalling and I will talk to our Mac peeps.

Chooncha

02-21-2013

Quote:
vLemon:
Thanks for the follow up Chooncha. Try reinstalling and I will talk to our Mac peeps.

Thank you for looking into the issue

jheregfan

02-21-2013

Quote:
vLemon:

This happened to me as well if you need somewhere else to look. On the Mac client as well.

FoolMan29

02-21-2013

Just here to say me too if you need more info or whatever. Mac client as well

Flaest

02-22-2013

Quote:
Chooncha:
So I was just playing a custom game. I started off good, and Ashe bot got first blood. Only, the entire team got an assist for it, and instead of an enemy has been slain, the announcer said 'a summoner has disconnected' (same goes for the text display). Then I got a kill, and it did the same thing.

Not long after that, I towerdived shen and died. The game instantly froze as soon at the lethal tower shot hit me, and the game soon crashed. Now, when I look at the AIR client, it just shows 'game still in progress

This could make a good creepypasta.

Chooncha

02-22-2013

Quote:
Flaest:
This could make a good creepypasta.

How about this?

After the game crashed, I remembered that the alpha version of the in-built replay was in action, so I re-watched it. The tower didn't kill me, though. As the last shot hit me, the screen turned black and white (as it normally would if I had died). The odd thing is that I was still moving. Not only that, buy my health bar had disappeared. Not just the health, but my name, both mana and health bars, everything. It all disappeared; except for my champion's level. It was replaced by a small skull.

It definitely creeped my out, but what happened next just made it weirder. Quinn's voice went from her cute voice as it normally is, do constant demonic rambling. Incoherent stammering is all I could hear. That is until Quinn decided to towerdive again, only this time she killed shen. The same thing happened to Shen that happened to me. Only, Shen never attacked Quinn. He started following her.

After another couple of kills by Quinn and Shen, and another couple of mindless allies slain, I looked at the team totals at the top of the screen. The normal blue/purple arrangement had just been replaced by a number in the centre; the amount of people who had joined Quinn's mindless slaughter crew. After realising this, out of curiosity I went back to re-watch, watching the totals rise. It was then I noticed something.

The screen looked different than it did a few seconds ago. I couldn't put my finger on it until Shen had killed someone. The screen seemed redder. After each death, the screen kept turning darker, and redder, until the last person was killed. by then, you could only see the champions. With sheer terror in my heart I moved the screen towards Quinn, centring it on her. She slowly turned her head to the screen, almost as if she was looking me dead in the eyes; and she was. She slowly raised her hand, and pointed at me. With her evil demonic voice, she exclaimed 'GET HIM, VALOR', shortly followed by her now demonic-looking bird flying towards my screen, getting closer and closer. I managed to frantically close the replay before Valor could get close enough. I dread to find out what would have happened had I not closed that replay.

EDIT: This didn't actually happen btw, you mod's don't have to sort through your demonic code to fix this bug (I hope ._.)