Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just got gold, here's how you do it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crsh

02-21-2013

Wait until your team isn't comprised completely of trolls

If you think I'm kidding, you haven't played a promotion series

weswithnodress

02-21-2013

Im in silver 3 and have lost promo series 3 times now. I go on hot streak until promo and for some reason i just get either bad team comps and bad players. Yes i don't always play the best either but come on i win on streak until promo and lose everytime, Quite frustrating. but i guess it will feel that much better when i move up having worked so hard for it.

League Logic

02-21-2013

Riot makes your promotional team worse than the team you're facing to ensure you deserve to be placed above them - tests you're carrying skill. So when someone mentions they're in a promo series, prepare to get raped.

Cytrial

02-21-2013

Quote:
weswithnodress:
Im in silver 3 and have lost promo series 3 times now. I go on hot streak until promo and for some reason i just get either bad team comps are bad players. Yes i don't always play the best either but come on i win on streak until promo and lose everytime, Quite frustrating. but i guess it will feel that much better when i move up having worked so hard for it.

That is the exact same situation I am in. Same league and everything.

weswithnodress

02-21-2013

Quote:
Cytrial:
That is the exact same situation I am in. Same league and everything.

Are you in Swains' masterminds. My main is vatney and thats what league i am in.

Khobahi

02-21-2013

sitting in my promo series of silver 1 to go to gold =)

currently at 1-0!!

fint

02-21-2013

Quote:
Crsh:
Wait until your team isn't comprised completely of trolls

If you think I'm kidding, you haven't played a promotion series

I lol'd

Irelia Carries U

02-21-2013

funny how we had a double top and a malphite for support on my promotion series for gold 3, and yet i didnt dodge and we ended up stomping them

The Unchosen One

02-21-2013

Quote:
weswithnodress:
Im in silver 3 and have lost promo series 3 times now. I go on hot streak until promo and for some reason i just get either bad team comps and bad players. Yes i don't always play the best either but come on i win on streak until promo and lose everytime, Quite frustrating. but i guess it will feel that much better when i move up having worked so hard for it.

this seems to be my experience as well. i get no trolls / leavers until i hit promo series then they all show up. i think it works like sharks smelling blood, trolls smell promotions and are instinctively drawn to it.

Cydrolic

02-21-2013

i got gold just fine duoing bot lane