League System.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

E„gle

02-20-2013

Posted this on General discussion just so you know also.
This is not a rage thread so please I could do without the hate comments,

What I've noticed is the gain for league points is (note this may not be 100% accurate):
0-60 Lp total: Gain about 20. 3 games to reach 60 Lp.
61-70 Lp total: Gain about 15. 1 game to reach 75 Lp.
71-80 Lp total: Gain about 10. 1 game to reach 85 Lp.
81-90 Lp total: Gain about 4. 2 games to 93 Lp.
90-100 Lp total: Gain about 2.5. 3 games to 100 Lp.

Now what this says. is that you can get to the promotion series in about... 10 games you can make it to the Promotional series.. without losses.. Here is what I've noticed for the losses:
0-60 Lp total: Lose about 23.
61-70 Lp total: Lose about 17.
71-80 Lp total: Lose about 14.
81-90 Lp total: Lose about 6.
91-100 Lp total: Lose about 6.

At a 50% win rate.. you will lose Lp. I thought this through and then I realized that Riot had said at a 50% win rate you are at the elo you deserve but with this system you lose Lp when you are at a 50% win rate instead of staying the same. And now back at the beginning of this post I said how you gain a certain amount.
to get to 100 Lp The least you can is 10 games. Without a loss. Say you get to 90 Lp though.. then you win 3 games and are 98 Lp!!!! about to make it to the qualifiers. And then.... You lose 1 game and drop down to 92 Lp... win 3 more! and 99 lp.. ONE MORE GAME. and lose. Same thing happens over and over. 6 wins = 2.5 losses. going 6/2.5 for games is a 70% win rate, but that averages even with this system if you are over 90 points. From 90 league points. you must win 4 games to make it to the qualifiers. Then you must win 2 games if it is a division qualifiers. or 3 games if its a tier qualifiers. division qualifiers are 4+2 games = 6 games. with only the space to lose one. 6/1 that means. that is a 85.7% win ratio. just to move up one tier. For tier qualifiers you win 4+3 = 7. with a chance to lose 2. thats a 77.7% win ratio. For people who only belong one above that.. thats quite a jump. For platinum players... not so much. But that isnt our concern here.
My opinion on this is that when you near the qualifiers the losses should scale down as much as the wins. instead of being valued as double. That is all i have to say on this subject for now. Post below your opinions about the league system or what ive said.

Thanks for your time and reading this long post. Have a nice day.

angryWelchMan

02-20-2013

This is inaccurate. Your LP loss gain is more to do with your MMR versus rank.

E„gle

02-20-2013

No. That is not true. If your MMR is 1800 and your in Silver I. Then you still lose this amount

E„gle

02-21-2013

bump

angryWelchMan

02-21-2013

well I'm at about 1150 MMR (based on my LolKing Score) and im bronze 1 with 100 lp and ive been gaining 20-15 per match and losing 5-7

Vrykonik

02-22-2013

AngryWelch man is actually correct. League points gain faster and lose less when it is above your division/color. You lose more if it is below that level. The reason you are losing more points than winning is that you are under preforming compared to what someone in your division should be doing.

E„gle

02-22-2013

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24270924 here is my friends profile. he has a gold lolking score. but silver II...