In January, I would have laughed if you told me Tryndamere was going to get nerfed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalkorsRaiders

02-20-2013

I understand that he is only nerfed on the pbe, and not everything on the pbe is on live, but this is why this is so important.

When a champ like Zyra started being used bottom lane as a support and starts dominating at competitive levels, it took over a month before she was toned down. During this time, the rioters tried to defend her being used as a support, saying that they like when champs can find uses in other lanes. For season 3, we saw champs like Kha'Zix find a home in mid. Even some champs found new hope with season 3, like Volibear and Hecarim, who have seen a lot of love in the jungle for season 3.

Another thing Riot agreed upon was the sad states of melee AD carries. They say they have problems that they want to fix, but were having a hard time making it balanced. Master Yi was the first to find a new home as an AP champ in mid. The next champ to find themselves there was Kayle. To Riot, this was great, champs who hadn't been used much finding new uses. Sure there was fine tuning involved, even now on the pbe, but they are usable.

Now we look at the latest melee ad carry trying his hand at AP, Tryndamere. He became popular only after the change to the fiendish codex, when it lost its mana regeneration atribute, which was the beginning of February. He had not yet seen use in the LCS, and I had not seen/heard of any pros using him in competitive play as of yet.

Today, on the pbe, Riot has sent through a pretty severe nerf to AP Tryndamere, with no buff to his AD side. This nerf may not be as big as everyone is complaining about, but on paper, it looks huge. Maybe AP Tryndamere was too powerful, or maybe it was just a really bad troll build, but until Riot has some red post addressing the matter, all I will get to see for the next few days is people talking about the nerf, and how I should play AP Renekton and AP Udyr.

Someone from Riiot, please just explain why the change was made. Please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinoy Ako

02-20-2013

AP Gangplank is next? Who knows.