Do bruisers still dominate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentle Tortoise

02-20-2013

I'm finding that despite the item changes in S3, bruisers still remain atop everything else. Is anyone else feeling this way, or am I just being "retarted" as someone said last game.

KakeManz

02-20-2013

For the most part yes. In order to play anything that isn't really a bruiser (or can be built like one without suffering) is to make sure that the rest of your team can lock down anyone that wants to close the gap on you and for you to make sure that you stay behind them at all times. Also watch out for Vi and Kha, two very dominant champs on the map that have great mobility and can melt squishy champs.

Non bruisers that generally do okay under the given circumstances: Annie, Corki, Ez, Kayle(currently one of the biggest TT threats), teemo, AP Nid, Zed, and elise

I'm sure there's a few more that are decent, but those are the ones that come to mind. Generally a Jarvan or Amumu are wonderful for filling the requirements that allow you to sit back and melt the enemy team, and a few of the champs I mentioned (elise, Kayle) don't really need babysitting if you play them right.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

It's 3v3. Bruisers will always dominate because it's 3v3.

The reason for that is because they can be tanky and damagey with only tier 1 & tier 2 items. The game is usually over soon after tier 2 items are bought.

Squishies are balanced in that for a poor early/mid game they are given a very dominant late game. Since 3v3 usually doesn't make it to "late" game, they typically won't do as well.

People are always going to want this to change, but it won't. That's the nature of having a game with less people on your team.