People interested in psychology please help me understand those lyrics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeithGotBanned

02-20-2013

"The thematic from the song "Evil Warning" is the idea of the human mind as an observer object. The title symbolizes the main idea and the music deals with a complex psychologic subject."

This was in a magazine when they interviewed Angra, the band behind this song. I can't understand the psychology behind this music though, please help me.

Link to music: http://grooveshark.com/s/Evil+Warning/1dzl2t?src=5

Lyrics:

Time to believe in the dream that you've seen
In a world that is broken and mean
One day the sun it will shine for us all
Take the freedom that you have fore-seen...

Miles away
You're heading for the unknown
and there's no way to get back
Time to complain
Nobody is telling the truth

To live in the crowd
sick of your own vanity
Dead scattered petals around
Hymms of betrayal
calling you for the attack

Evil warning
You're much too fast and much too high,
No time to worry!
It's over, no more remaining time
to cry and feel the pain...

In the morning
You stagger up to start the fight,
You get so lonely...
With no fore-sight until another day!

Run, don't wait for the sun
Cause it's setting on you hopes
Don't look far behind for the shadows
They still stand... until the end!

Evil warning
You're much too fast and much too high,
No time to worry!
to cry and feel the pain...

Run, don't wait for the sun
cause it's setting on you hopes
Don't look far behind for the shadows
They still stands... until the end!

Don't let your pride
make your blood flow cold in vain...
Until the end!

KiteAzure

02-20-2013

IMO this song feels like it has a impressionist feel to it so it might be difficult to get a straight answer that everyone can agree on.

To me it seems like a solider/warrior that is fighting for his beliefs that the army propagandaed him in enlisting in this said army. As he goes on in this war, he starts fighting his belifes in what he set out to protect or not harm. The lyrics in the third verus

Quote:
Hymms of betrayal
calling you for the attack
explain my reason for thinking this. As he goes on he is starting to feel remorse, but his pride and/or the propaganda this army is making him conceal these feelings. He seems to keep going over the edge in what it seems like, to be doing the exact opposite (or something similar) in what he hoped to accomplish when he had began. He still thinks his beliefs of freedom are still there, but is doing it in a different way. The constant line of:
Quote:
to cry and feel the pain..
Some what shows what I am inferring about my statement.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

It is actually saying that everyone have dreams and hopes that everything will be better someday, that the difficult times will pass and we will live in peace soon enough, because that's what gives people strength to keep going on.

But at the same time it is saying, no matter how much you hope, there is no hope, things will always get worse and worse.

And that's the path humanity is walking right now, everyone wants a "better future", but nobody does anything and turns their eyes away from reality.

SkeithGotBanned

02-21-2013

Thanks for your answers =]

I never thought about your first explanation, but the second is the one I figured.

Ugh, that's what I hate (and love) about Angra's music. It's very abstract.

Thank you.

SkeithGotBanned

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteAzure View Post
IMO this song feels like it has a impressionist feel to it so it might be difficult to get a straight answer that everyone can agree on.

To me it seems like a solider/warrior that is fighting for his beliefs that the army propagandaed him in enlisting in this said army. As he goes on in this war, he starts fighting his belifes in what he set out to protect or not harm. The lyrics in the third verus
explain my reason for thinking this. As he goes on he is starting to feel remorse, but his pride and/or the propaganda this army is making him conceal these feelings. He seems to keep going over the edge in what it seems like, to be doing the exact opposite (or something similar) in what he hoped to accomplish when he had began. He still thinks his beliefs of freedom are still there, but is doing it in a different way. The constant line of: Some what shows what I am inferring about my statement.
Holy **** after reading this I've gone to the lyrics and your explanatto get ion makes so much sense O.O

Ethan McCord name keeps popping in my head when I see those lyrics. "Believe in a dream that you've seen", "Take the feedom that you've foreseen". "You're heading to the unknown and there's no way to get back", "no one is telling the truth" and other lyrics makes me remember him and the Iraq War. People who saw his interviews will get it why his name pops in my head.

But of couse it's nothing to do with this, as the events happened way after this music. Just to see how abstract this is =P