Do hosts kick people with high wins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
My friend hosts 500+ win games. This way, we have players who have more content (champions) unlocked on their account (so its not an ARAM smurf), and it means they have something to lose if they troll us and get reported. Its win-win.

We also wanted to reduce the distance between player skill, but that one has not really worked out...
How does that work out for you? I tend to host 300+ win games, but I find them to take a long time to form sometimes. But I think it's a good number, mainly to keep the really casual players/actual newbies away.

Beravin

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
How does that work out for you? I tend to host 300+ win games, but I find them to take a long time to form sometimes. But I think it's a good number, mainly to keep the really casual players/actual newbies away.
Games will usually fill between 1 - 5 minutes, which is pretty good considering. It helps that we play as a premade and often have 3 - 5 members to start off with, which is a nice incentive for the many players that want the game to start quickly.

The difference here is that we start the game with it half full, so it usually fills up pretty fast. But if you are the only one in the game when its created, it can take a while because an empty game needs to build up its numbers before it can start.

I suggest finding some kind of group or community, even a premade, that you can invite to start games faster.

OdinWolfe

02-21-2013

I only kick people who change sides to the other side (regardless what side I'm on) just because a high-win player is on that side.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinWoIfe View Post
I only kick people who change sides to the other side (regardless what side I'm on) just because a high-win player is on that side.
I love when people change to the other team because of that. Most of the time it means they are really bad...

Aamon2500

02-22-2013

The worst thing i've seen hosts do is ask one of their friends to dodge and then invite him again until they get the champs they want... and anyone who joined before the hosts friend got kicked... i mean why host Aram if you are going to get someone to dodge until you get the champ you want. It's called random for a reason.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Something that happens when I am hosting games a lot is the room will bug out, so while I am trying to kick the lvl 17 everyone else but him is being kicked.

I usually will kick high elo players, because I feel they just don't care and are doing an aram because they dodged a ranked and are killing time.

Auryx

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerManCody View Post
Something that happens when I am hosting games a lot is the room will bug out, so while I am trying to kick the lvl 17 everyone else but him is being kicked.

I usually will kick high elo players, because I feel they just don't care and are doing an aram because they dodged a ranked and are killing time.
^
If I ever kick someone that has not dodged in my room or is not below level 25, it's because I'm trying to kick someone who has dodged or is below level 25 and the client decides it wants someone else kicked instead.

Also, I don't *kick* players for this, but I've never had a 2k win or really high elo player in a game of mine... because they have all dodged without fail. This almost seems to be a failproof pattern with experienced players and it doesn't even surprise me now, but it could be a reason other hosts kick these sorts.

MajorUrsa

03-07-2013

I regularly host +800-+1000 win only games. It keeps out all the kiddies that like to dodge champ lineups and keeps the champion pools large. Less children screaming expletives, and I generally get a game started without a single dodge. Its a better ARAM environment.

Mandaari

03-07-2013

I host a lot of ARAMs on a daily basis. Generally the only people I kick are either not 30 or their profile suggests they've been 30 for all of 2 minutes. I've played a bunch of games with people upwards of 2k ELO and some Riot employees. I welcome the challenge... not that I'd kick a Riot employee :S

TempusVen

03-07-2013

I've seen the opposite problem, actually. Some people will kick you for having lower wins or for not having a ranking.